Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

assymetric tire story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 09:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
assymetric tire story

I received my tire last night: ‘’potenza RE760’’ wich areassymetric tire to replace my rear ‘’hankook v12’’ with are directional tire.

I did install the driver side but when it was the time toinstall the passenger side, I was all confused. They are the same tire but thegroove pattern did not match ??? I asked my neighour to take a look and he alsoagree with me. There was a ‘’inside’’ and ‘’oustside’’ on the tire and theywere ok. However, no left or right and the pattern did no match. So I decidedto wait an call the shop that sold me that tire.

So apparently, there is no left or right, only inside oroutside. I did look on the internet because I was still not sure. After readinga few article, the shop was right. The shop received thousand of call everytime about the same thing LOL

Anyway, it is still strange.

What do you think.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:48 AM
sorry double post

Old 04-27-2016, 10:02 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
That's weird. To me, the tire on the left would shed water under the tread more efficiently that the one on the right which would compress it and block it's passage from under the tire.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
That's weird. To me, the tire on the left would shed water under the tread more efficiently that the one on the right which would compress it and block it's passage from under the tire.
that's exactly what I was thinking but apparently the assymetric pattern (outside vs Inside) is more important then water evacuation (that's what I read somewhere)

still weird hein LOL

Old 04-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
I had those same tires, that's asymmetric for you. The pattern isn't as aggresive as your example post, so they work just fine. My current Continental DWS are the same way (inside/outside) and a few other tires are like that.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:28 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Agree, they do look a bit odd compared to a more traditional tread design. As long as the words "outside" or "mount this side out" are facing outward then you're perfectly fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.