Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Grinding, rattling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grinding, rattling

It's hard to tell on this picture due to the angle of the photo however the top of the rim is bent inward the same thing with the front the front wheel on both sides is bent inward as well I need to know what I have to do to fix that someone recommended a camber and toe kit I want to know if that is true or not
So I have a 2005 Infiniti G35 and I took it out for a spin one day and happen to hit a curb pretty bad I bent my rim and I replaced it. However I've been driving for a while now and whenever I turn right it grinds. Sometimes when I drive I hear rattling when accelerating. I am really trying to figure out what's wrong with it I took it to the shop and they said that they can't align it for some reason and they recommend a camber and toe kit. Isn't a camber and toe kit something that makes your tires look like they're going inward? Because if so my tires already bent inward a little bit and I need my tires to be straight I needed to be aligned and not grind anymore my car took a lot of damage and I'm trying to figure out what the exact issue is without being sent on a run around spending tons of money for something that it may not be. Has anyone here ever had such an issue or could anyone tell me what the issue is that way I can pay for the parts and put it on properly and not have to worry about it anymore? I will thank you ahead of time for your response please please please help me if you can

Last edited by Kjrich90; 05-06-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:05 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I think you're going to need more than just an alignment. If you hit the curb hard enough to bend rims you probably damaged some suspension parts that will need to be replaced. Without us there to look at the car any ideas we might shoot out would be just guesses at this point so take your car to a reputable local mechanic (avoid places like Goodyear, Pep Boys, Sears, Firestone etc.) and have them thoroughly inspect the car to tell you what you need fixed. If you doubt the first estimate given then take it somewhere else for a second opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.