Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

225/40/18 with 18X 9.5 all around

Old 06-29-2017, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Sorry wolverine but there are soooo many things wrong with your set-up. Tires too skinny to do any serious driving, car needs a major drop to even try to pull off the look (some fender covering top of tire all around and I hope you have hundreds of dollars for proper coils, camber and toe kits saved up) and when it is dropped you'll realize 18's will still look way too small for the look you're going for.

However I hope it turns out like you want it to, shattered dreams suck. Ask me how I know.....

I forgot to post pics when I dropped it, lol ill post after this reply. but you guys were right 18s are to small and the stretch isnt that great. I know now.

I wanted to go for that stock 18 look with a lowered luxury, I might just get rid of them and go bigger. but for the time being ill stick with want I got lol. tires are temporary

Old 06-29-2017, 11:30 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
He said he has the Z tein basis. Should be able to get decently low, but yeah, with that small sidewall, yer gonna have to go Max low. I have very similar wheels (lmgt4) and I have great fitment (but MUCH bigger tires) and the 18s do always look a bit small on the coupe. I don't mind it so much (it is a great wheel), but it wouldn't pull off the look you're going for. The 18" lmgt4 and te37 look amazing on the sedans, but the coupe is just a bit too aggressive. Again, be prepared to go lowwww

Old 06-29-2017, 11:45 PM

this is the ride height I went with. yes it is derivable but to an extent. I am lowered on tein basis because I don't plan to track this car. just for daily such as school, work, groceries, etc. Right now I am more on look and sound instead of speed. I do plan to tune and mod (or engine swap) right after I do a manual swap. The reason why I want to do a manual swap instead of buying one is because this is family owned and I know the maintenance history as well as how it was driven over the past 12 years. besides this point. here are the pics!!

Old 06-29-2017, 11:48 PM
also please ignore the horrible vinyl wrap.. just know its alot better than the paint of the bumper.. the previous bumper got damaged by someone who backed into me in the parking lot. I bought a new bumper because insurance wanted to bondo.. NO to BONDO!

Old 06-29-2017, 11:51 PM
Old 06-30-2017, 10:44 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Looks decent from the pic. Any shots farther away?

Maybe some 35-40mm spacers and they might look pretty flush.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.