Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Junction Produce Scara's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aLL STaR gene
I shoot with a Canon 20D with various lenses.
20D!! Baller!!

Old 03-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha, I'm hardly a baller, trust me. I purchased the camera because I need it for work reasons...

Old 03-17-2005, 10:17 AM
that looks hot man! i like it keep it original people forget that on here

Old 03-17-2005, 10:22 AM
you gonna get overlay's they would look soo hot on your car..

Old 03-17-2005, 11:45 AM
No overlays, not really a fan of how they look. I think the exterior is pretty much done for now too, I just want it to look clean and simple.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:48 AM
yeah im feelin that.. clean and simple. i like the way the overlay's look on the black coupes it would set off your ride .. ehh its worth a shot there only 40 bucks and come right off.. but to each is own.. looks hot regardless

Old 03-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Man with green rock in Vortech
how low do you think you went on the HKS's? looks as though you may run into a similar issue I had with my JIC's, I went lower than an adjustable camber/toe arm could correct in the rear and had to end up get new toe bolts; labor intensive task, but I have perfect camber with a 3" plus drop.

those wheels are pretty sweet, my 2nd set of dpe's will be a step lipped five spoke, in 20s though

Old 03-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Does anybody happen to know the offset of the wheels on this car? ... and I am guessing maybe 3-4 degrees of negative camber in the rear to fit the wheels to the car! I love it! My vote goes for the hottest G that I have ever seen!

Old 03-17-2005, 02:45 PM
check the first page... everything's listed on there...

definitely hot to look at, but what are you driving impressions? that much negative camber has got to throw the suspension geometry out of whack... any plans for camber corrections?

Old 03-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
how low do you think you went on the HKS's? looks as though you may run into a similar issue I had with my JIC's, I went lower than an adjustable camber/toe arm could correct in the rear and had to end up get new toe bolts; labor intensive task, but I have perfect camber with a 3" plus drop.

those wheels are pretty sweet, my 2nd set of dpe's will be a step lipped five spoke, in 20s though
I had the JIC's before but I could never get the drop that I wanted to I sold them and picked up the HKS RS'; compared the the JIC's I'd say I got another 2"+ drop. I haven't had the chance to get it aligned so I'm really not sure how it has been affected so far.

Originally Posted by drumma022
Does anybody happen to know the offset of the wheels on this car? ... and I am guessing maybe 3-4 degrees of negative camber in the rear to fit the wheels to the car! I love it! My vote goes for the hottest G that I have ever seen!
Let's just say the offsets are decently agressive, not too low but not too high either. Not sure how negative the camber is but in order to clear the fenders a little negative camber is needed. As for hottest G ever, thanks for the compliments but the car is still relatively stock aside from a few minor modifications... give it time, I've only had it for a little over two months.

Originally Posted by bzabodyn

definitely hot to look at, but what are you driving impressions? that much negative camber has got to throw the suspension geometry out of whack... any plans for camber corrections?
No complaints about driving with the setup as it is; with the HKS coilovers set half way, I can honestly say it drives similar to stock. I'm going to try and get it aligned soon but I'm afraid it might move the wheels out more then I'd like which may lead to rubbing issues. We'll see what happens, I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:35 PM
I must be missing something, i have looked over the first page and I must be blind because I don't see any offsets listed!

Old 03-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Originally Posted by aLL STaR gene
I had the JIC's before but I could never get the drop that I wanted to I sold them and picked up the HKS RS'; compared the the JIC's I'd say I got another 2"+ drop. I haven't had the chance to get it aligned so I'm really not sure how it has been affected so far.
hmm.. that's weird. I think my car probably is lower than yours (not the car physically, but the overall amount of lowering). I am tucking tire all around on 20's and it's hard to tell how low you are on the 19's. I am sure we are pretty close, but it would be hard to tell with your car being black.

If you have time, take some up close (ugly) pictures with a flash to show where your tire sits in the fender.. I'd love to find somebody that has gone lower than I have. I don't scrape or rub and I am in the green all around.

jason

Old 03-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Well, the offsets are posted there anymore - which leads me to believe that he had them wrong (because they were both something like +12) - there is a 350Z who had a 9.5" +12 LE37T in the rear and had MAJOR rubbing issues lowered on Tein Basics, so imagine what an 11" +12 would be like!

I would like to know the EXACT offsets as well - I really don't think there's a need to conceal them if you know them... I think you have influenced a lot of people into running an 11" rear, so they need to know the right offsets to make it work...

Old 03-18-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm coming in late in the game but holy Jesus and baby Jesus that thing is HOTTTT!!!

Old 03-18-2005, 02:04 PM
there is a 350Z who had a 9.5" +12 LE37T in the rear and had MAJOR rubbing issues lowered on Tein Basics
A 9.5" +12 is 1mm less aggressive than the 10.5" +22, so I cannot see how he had rubbing problems unless he was looking to get 0 camber.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Junction Produce Scara's