Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

WHo Make Some Nice 21"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dubs
Just get four midgets and glue them to your rotors.... j/k . If that's your cup of tea..then go for the biggest shoes you can slide on there but i would image the ride would be on the ****ty side....good luck

I agree. It's personal taste thing, but the ride won't be comfortible unless it's not a daily driven car

Old 03-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Every time somebody starts talking about larger wheels the "G-Police" start posting about it being "gangster" or they start dragging up the worn out "bling, bling" phrase. It seems like if you try to do anything unique on this board people will say something negative to try to keep you in your box.

That's all you ever heard when people first started putting 20" rims on their cars and now they're just as common as 19's (probably a lot of the lemmings who were whining about 20's now have a set on their car ).

I didn't see where you asked anyone for their opinions so if you want 21's get 21's and if anybody doesn't like it that's their problem.

To answer your initial question, no I haven't seen any nice 21" rims for the G.

Old 03-29-2005, 07:01 PM
info

Originally Posted by HowardG
Every time somebody starts talking about larger wheels the "G-Police" start posting about it being "gangster" or they start dragging up the worn out "bling, bling" phrase. It seems like if you try to do anything unique on this board people will say something negative to try to keep you in your box.

That's all you ever heard when people first started putting 20" rims on their cars and now they're just as common as 19's (probably a lot of the lemmings who were whining about 20's now have a set on their car ).

I didn't see where you asked anyone for their opinions so if you want 21's get 21's and if anybody doesn't like it that's their problem.

To answer your initial question, no I haven't seen any nice 21" rims for the G.
Just what I was thinking... If I could of found A nice set of 21's to fit I would do it instead of my 20''..Who cares what people think as long as you like it.. people are always going to have something negative to say so rock on...

Old 03-29-2005, 07:10 PM
20's are too big, imo... why the he11 would you want to put 21's on the coupe? just so you can say, "No them ain't 20's - them's 21's!!!"

Old 03-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by HowardG

Hey, you can be the first to put these 24" spinners on your G (if you even own one). Then you can be "unique".

Attached Thumbnails WHo Make Some Nice 21"-spintek_ice882.gif  
Old 03-30-2005, 12:09 AM
I'd be the first to say that 21's would be too big to put on a G, but that's what everybody said when I put 20's on my sedan. As far as I know, I was one of the first to put them on a G and then post the pictures, and I got called pimp, bling-bling, and ghetto! There's WAY TOO MANY HATERS on this site, and that's why I don't visit nearly as often. But when I do, I see the same narrow-minded idiots doing what they do best...

Old 03-30-2005, 12:21 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by gaklid
I'd be the first to say that 21's would be too big to put on a G, but that's what everybody said when I put 20's on my sedan. As far as I know, I was one of the first to put them on a G and then post the pictures, and I got called pimp, bling-bling, and ghetto! There's WAY TOO MANY HATERS on this site, and that's why I don't visit nearly as often. But when I do, I see the same narrow-minded idiots doing what they do best...
See, just like you guys are free to post your opinions about "narrow-minded idiots", like myself, I am free to voice my opinions about your awful taste in wheels. That's the beauty of a public forum.

BTW, I saw four or five sedans with 20" chrome wheels at a dealership in LV back in June of 2002. They were "bling-bling" and "ghetto" back then too.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:55 AM
I guess the roads are as smooth as a baby's @ss in CA b/c in nyc its a battlefield. Before my G, I had a 1999 mitsu gst with 18's on them. I cracked 3 rims @ 600 bucks a pop starts to burn up the pockets. If you seriously are going to get anything bigger than 18's; I would highly reccomend buying an extra rim or two..keeping them in the trunk b/c with the sh1tty roads out there you are going to need it. Last thought..... evey style of rim out there has a shelf life..meaning after a few years they stop making them and lets say you destroy a rim with that model disscontinued; you would be f'd in the "A".... try selling a set of the three rims.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
At 21' your gonna loose performance, ride quality, get more road noise, tire prices will be a joke, car will ride too high.....I could keep on going here..... you will get more attention though (from the cops and theives also though).....

whatever you choose...just dont make the G look like a mid 90's lexus with green candy paint, 22's and looking like a monster truck cause it hasn't been dropped after the rims were added. You all know what I'm talking about......theres at least one in every major area

Last edited by gizsf; 03-30-2005 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:58 PM
1. Can't we all get along?

2. Why don't you guys consult the geniuses at "Pimp My Ride"?

-jokes

Old 03-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
See, just like you guys are free to post your opinions about "narrow-minded idiots", like myself, I am free to voice my opinions about your awful taste in wheels. That's the beauty of a public forum.

BTW, I saw four or five sedans with 20" chrome wheels at a dealership in LV back in June of 2002. They were "bling-bling" and "ghetto" back then too.
I like the fact that when I responded with "narrow-minded idiots", you knew who I was talking about! I was out of line, and I take that comment back. I know what it is that makes me crazy about the whole topic, though. People associate 20in wheels with those crazy, flashy, most of the time ugly chrome wheels and all 20's don't fit that description. I've ordered 20in Volk Gt-c's for my Z Roadster, and those aren't considered bling-bling. So it's not the size of the wheel, it's the style of the wheel! What do you think? Can we at least agree on that?

Old 03-31-2005, 12:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
A G deserves some tight bling wheels, I say you go for the Lowenharts :-)

Old 03-31-2005, 02:01 AM
Never enough
Stay away from 21's. I love my 20's but had to fix a bent rim last week. 21's are just asking for trouble!

Old 03-31-2005, 08:25 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by gaklid
I like the fact that when I responded with "narrow-minded idiots", you knew who I was talking about! I was out of line, and I take that comment back. I know what it is that makes me crazy about the whole topic, though. People associate 20in wheels with those crazy, flashy, most of the time ugly chrome wheels and all 20's don't fit that description. I've ordered 20in Volk Gt-c's for my Z Roadster, and those aren't considered bling-bling. So it's not the size of the wheel, it's the style of the wheel! What do you think? Can we at least agree on that?
Yes, we can agree on that. And we can also agree that Volks are NOT bling bling. Post pics of your Z when they're mounted.

Old 03-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Yes, we can agree on that. And we can also agree that Volks are NOT bling bling. Post pics of your Z when they're mounted.
Definately!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WHo Make Some Nice 21"