Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.
View Poll Results: Do you run 350z Suspension??
No, I run Sports Suspension, and it's good enough.
0%
No, I run Non-Sports Suspension, and it's good enough.
0%
Yes, BIG difference from Non-Sports Suspension
60.00%
Yes, Though the difference from Sports isn't that noticeable.
40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Those of you who have run/are running 350z Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those of you who have run/are running 350z Suspension

What are your opinions on it? If You came from sports suspension or non-sports, and what do you regret/appreciate from it?

Old 06-06-2005, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I switched from the stock sedan sports suspension to an '03 350Z suspension. Big difference between the two. Even that much more compared to the non-sports suspension. The stock sedan sports supsension, although not bad in it's own right for a stock system, is underdamped compared to the Z suspension. The performance of the Z suspension is superior to that of the sedan sport and non-sport suspensions, namely better turn-in response, less body roll, and generally just better transitional balance. This was definitely apparent to myself on a pretty recent track day when I rode with Hydrazine in his stock sport suspension 6MT for one session and then drove my car the next session. The only bad thing about the '03 unrevised Z suspension is the infamous "bounce" people complain about going over bumps and that it introduces more cabin vibration when going over rougher roads. The fact that I'm using lower profile, wider tires than stock doesn't help that area either. To myself it's not really that bad but if you are picky about these things this may not be for you. Apparently the revised '04+ Z suspension was revalved differently to rid of the so-called bounce. Can't verify that myself since I haven't rid or drove in that setup. My advice for you sedan people is if you want better handling performance for very little money and don't mind sacrificing a bit in ride comfort, then the Z suspension is an excellent way to go. There is plenty of excellent information regarding the Z suspension on this board and a vast majority of it posted by Gsedan35.