Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

What do you all think of this wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by imRACERX
i dont doubt they are a dif rim but when you compare a rim in a pic and a goddam whopper, much more do a search for a burger then paste it on the forum, well that to me tels me, you need to preocupy yourself with other things more often. agree? RX
Dude, you are so missing my point. The rim you have posted IS the same rim I see almost every day. You are telling me that the chrome on those rims is good quality because it looks ok in the photo. It is impossible to tell rim quality or finish quality or even color in a photo. The point of the photo was not to compare a whopper to a wheel but to say that advertising photography is done more in the interest of flattery than accuracy. I was giving you the benefit of my in person impression which my wife, a disinterested party, concurred with. I have also seen the darker version posted by Lip and it looks much better.

If I have misunderstood your "well take a look at the picture yourself" as being a little flip/chippy than I apologize. This impression was backed up by the No, you are wrong type response you gave kenchan. But I do repeat if you don't want an opinion than don't ask for it. This thread was not titled "Let me convince you this is a great wheel."

I just bought rims myself so I understand the need for opinions and feedback from others so I take the time to provide it. Again, listen, don't listen it's up to you. If you would prefer us to "preoccupy ourselves with other things" that can be achieved by you not asking.

Old 07-31-2005, 12:27 AM
Ok look i never said anything about the rim looking as if the chrome is good or not im not defending the rim in any way, as a matter of fact the fact that they are TSW dont thrill me at all but they do look simillar to what im looking for and they are in chrome after all this is why i frikin posted this in the first place. however when you respond regarding this, it tells me that you have a problem with either the fact that im interested in the rim or myself. anyway, I NEVER MEANT TO SOUND "CHIPPY". so lets squash this and see what others think of this wheel. deal?

Old 07-31-2005, 05:20 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
TSW wheels are cheapo, I wouldn't put them on a G. Just my $0.2, please don't attack me.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:47 AM
Damn that whopper pic made me hungry!

The "style" of the wheel is ok in my opinion, I wouldn't buy it in chrome though!

Last edited by RaleighNC; 07-31-2005 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:04 AM
Here's some pictures of my G with TSW Kyalami's. They're so cheap, everyone I run into loves them. Oh yeah, and I had money left over to get my AEM CAI, UR pulley set, and put a grand towards my Stillen cat-backs. I don't know.... maybe I should've gone with 19" Volk GT-7s and skip any performance mods. I'd be victim to more kills, but I'd look bad-@ss cool in the process!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1647476

Old 07-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by LUV2DRIVEMYG35
Here's some pictures of my G with TSW Kyalami's. They're so cheap, everyone I run into loves them. Oh yeah, and I had money left over to get my AEM CAI, UR pulley set, and put a grand towards my Stillen cat-backs. I don't know.... maybe I should've gone with 19" Volk GT-7s and skip any performance mods. I'd be victim to more kills, but I'd look bad-@ss cool in the process!!

Lets bear in mind that you have Kyalmai's in hypersilver and NOT Catalunya's in chrome which is the wheel he posted. I like the hyper silver and the hyperdark as well. Perhaps when you were looking though you saw the chrome finish on the display TSW's and could comment.

I have the exact same logic you have re: $$$$ per wheel since I got my Axis wheels, a 50" Samsung dlp, and a 12" Velodyne sub for the cost of the Volks.
Besides, my cars a lease.

However, when we add unsprung wheel weight (particularly when we move up in size) we do need to add some mods just to stay the same speed.
You might not be any faster. I know that myself (unmodded) I've lost half a step with the new bigger, heavier wheels. It just means that I get home to the big screen .00067835 seconds slower. I can live with that.
Note that I will also be getting a jet ski instead of FI.

Old 07-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by big daddy d
Lets bear in mind that you have Kyalmai's in hypersilver and NOT Catalunya's in chrome which is the wheel he posted. I like the hyper silver and the hyperdark as well. Perhaps when you were looking though you saw the chrome finish on the display TSW's and could comment.

I have the exact same logic you have re: $$$$ per wheel since I got my Axis wheels, a 50" Samsung dlp, and a 12" Velodyne sub for the cost of the Volks.
Besides, my cars a lease.

However, when we add unsprung wheel weight (particularly when we move up in size) we do need to add some mods just to stay the same speed.
You might not be any faster. I know that myself (unmodded) I've lost half a step with the new bigger, heavier wheels. It just means that I get home to the big screen .00067835 seconds slower. I can live with that.
Note that I will also be getting a jet ski instead of FI.
I stuck with 18s and specifically went with 18x8 front, 18x9 rears so that I could mount my OEM Mich PS's, but then move up to 245/40s and 275/40s in the front and rear respectively when the budget allows. Of course 18's don't look at sharp as 19's, but they still look sharp and once the car is lowered a bit, it will look even better. I also drive with a little more piece of mind over bad roads.

Ironically, I weighed my wheels and the 18x9s weigh 2 lbs. less than my OEM wheels so I'm actually saving weight in the process. Sure SSRs GT2s in 18" would way only 18 lbs, but I'd be out another $600 which incidently was the price of my pulleys (installed).

I understand the wheels in question were chrome, but I was more or less defending TSW wheels and those that have to work within a budget. BTW, I love coming home to my Sammy 40" LCD HDTV. I can relate on that note.

Regards

Old 07-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan

I stand by my statement. I wouldn't put them on a G.

Old 07-31-2005, 09:16 PM
I stuck with 18s and specifically went with 18x8 front, 18x9 rears so that I could mount my OEM Mich PS's, but then move up to 245/40s and 275/40s in the front and rear respectively when the budget allows. Of course 18's don't look at sharp as 19's, but they still look sharp and once the car is lowered a bit, it will look even better. I also drive with a little more piece of mind over bad roads.

Ironically, I weighed my wheels and the 18x9s weigh 2 lbs. less than my OEM wheels so I'm actually saving weight in the process. Sure SSRs GT2s in 18" would way only 18 lbs, but I'd be out another $600 which incidently was the price of my pulleys (installed).

I understand the wheels in question were chrome, but I was more or less defending TSW wheels and those that have to work within a budget. BTW, I love coming home to my Sammy 40" LCD HDTV. I can relate on that note.

Regards

I got 245/40's on my 19's with no rubbing so if you ever get bored with your rims.......
Have you seen the chrome TSW's and if so whatcha think?

Old 07-31-2005, 09:25 PM
i'm not sure where this post took a turn but my original post dealt with a wheel that looks like Volk in style but in chrome. money is really not my concern but of course, if they are cheaper then why not? anyway, anyone else reccomend another brand that look similar to Volk GT-C that come in chrome? RX

Old 07-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm not sure where this post took a turn but my original post dealt with a wheel that looks like Volk in style but in chrome. money is really not my concern but of course, if they are cheaper then why not? anyway, anyone else reccomend another brand that look similar to Volk GT-C that come in chrome? RX
If money is not an issue, then just spend another $1K and get the Volks and be done with it.

Why spend the time researching and second guessing yourself about the quality, color, and what others think? Just go get the Volks!

Old 07-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by big daddy d
I got 245/40's on my 19's with no rubbing so if you ever get bored with your rims.......
Have you seen the chrome TSW's and if so whatcha think?
The chromes are nice, but not really for me. Your Axis Hiros are sweet rims. One of the rims I would've liked to have gone with if I went with 19s. Axis rims are a reasonably priced good rim.

Old 08-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by Chico
If money is not an issue, then just spend another $1K and get the Volks and be done with it.

Why spend the time researching and second guessing yourself about the quality, color, and what others think? Just go get the Volks!
First off Chico is not in any position to be telling anyone to just get on with it. Perhaps if someone offered on his 20" Axis Milano's he too could make a decision.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:01 AM
what the hell is wrong with people here? I WANT A WHEEL THAT LOOKS LIKE THE FRIKIN VOLK GT-C IN CHROME, WHICH VOLK DOES NOT SELL! why is this such a hard post? RX

Old 08-02-2005, 01:16 AM
refukinglax man! have a drink!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you all think of this wheel?