Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Tein Flex Damper with EDFC installed - PICS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein Flex Damper with EDFC installed - PICS

Since autocross is my thing, I thought the first major improvement I'd make would be to the suspension. Did a lot of research and couldn't find to many complaints about Tein. I also found a nationally recognized performance shop that specializes in Nissan/Infiniti along with other Japanese imports which (lucky for me) is here in Houston. People from all over the US send their cars to these guys (SGP Racing) and even some from overseas. I had them install the Tein Flex Dampers on my G along with the electronic controller which alows me to set the stiffness of the dampers (front and back independently) with up to 32 levels. I can make it softer that stock for a smooth ride, or I can stiffen it up for some incredible turning. This is an awesome system. The difference between these and the stock sport suspension is like night and day. I thought the car cornered great before, but now it's truly amazing! I will be really putting it to the test later tonight at my next autoX.

And of course, here are some pics:

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

Old 07-05-2003, 01:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Tein Flex Damper with EDFC installed - PICS

Does it lower the car or keep the same ride height?

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 07-05-2003, 09:07 AM

were are u going to mount the EDFC?

Old 07-05-2003, 10:29 AM

I have been considering this set-up as well and am waiting for some quotes. What did it cost you?

Old 07-05-2003, 01:06 PM

The cost with EDFC was right around 2 g's. I currently had them put the EDFC under the driver seat, but I might have them move it if I can find a better location. The car was lowered about 1.5" in front and almost 2" in back. Rides very well. I'm off to the autocross and I'll report back later!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

Old 07-05-2003, 04:23 PM

hey thanks for the info and good luck at the auto cross.

Old 07-05-2003, 04:52 PM

Wow that looks like a really sweet setup good job!

Old 07-05-2003, 06:49 PM

Can you really set it softer than factory? I drive up to the cottage almost every weekend and I know my wife will complain like crazy if I stiffen it up too much. This seems like the best of both worlds.

Old 07-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

I knew someone would clue in on his softer than stock comment's, that's why I posted this reply on his freshalloy post. I'm not dishing him, but raising a voice of concern. Some people long for the impossible a little to much sometime's that's all.

"Red flag, how much underdampning are you allowing in the EDFC settings to power past stiffer than stock springs that have less travel than stock to get that "softer than stock" feel? Those 2 things are not a receipe for allowing a suspension to ride like stock, something has to give, that would be dampening performance and the issue's that come up when you go that route. But I'm sure you won't ride around all the time using those settings.

One thing I'm seeing, those rear springs sure are short, if you have a pic of the front units, could you please post it.

Ivry 6mt sed
Injen CAI, 22" resonator
8X18 Enkei RPM2 45mm
Kumho MX 245/40
clear corners

Old 07-06-2003, 01:36 AM

Man you're getting a bit too technical on me. I'm going on SOTP feeling here. Keep in mind that I'm not saying softer than a regular sedan suspension. I already had the sport suspension package which is pretty stiff, so I'm saying that at the softest setting it "feels" softer than what I had. Whether or not it actually is softer is a matter of opinion. It's at least as "soft" as the stock SPORT suspension at the softest setting (not that you'd call that soft).

Anyway, just got back from the autocross and I did pretty well. Came in 5th in my class behind 2 sets of brother's driving WRX's. What really sucks is that it took me 3 runs before I could get the settings on the suspension just right for the course. My fourth run was the best improving my time by 2 seconds. I think I was really off on my first runs because the car felt so different than what I was used to. Almost as if I should have reset my brains ECU. LOL

Overall it handled incredibly well and once I got it down on that last ride it was great. Had it way too stiff on the first 2 and still a bit too stiff on the 3rd. I'll get those WRX guys next time!

Old 07-06-2003, 01:47 AM

Sorry, I forgot the picture of the front. It's a strange angle, but for some reason it's the only one I got of the front.

I had them put the EDFC under the driver's seat, which is kind of a pain since there's very little clearance, but I didn't want it in plain site. I might relocate it if I can find a better spot.

Old 07-06-2003, 09:51 AM

Here are the official autoX results:

http://www.houscca.com/solo2/results03/03REG07R.html

Do a find on G35 or scroll down to the STE Class. The second G35 is my buddy who I let drive my car. He was awesome for a novice. Came in 7th out of 12 his first time ever.

Old 07-08-2003, 01:56 PM

ouch
almost 2G's
where did you buy them from

-moooooo

Old 07-08-2003, 04:30 PM

SGP Racing in Houston. They're a very reputable shop that specializes in performance for Japanese imports. Mostly work on Nissans.

http://www.sgpracing.com

Old 07-11-2003, 10:09 PM

check out
www.bulletproofautomotive.com
theyve been giving me better prices then anyone else

-moooooo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tein Flex Damper with EDFC installed - PICS