Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Help Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2005 | 01:01 AM
|
Help Please

I am getting ready to order my new shoes, for my 4 weeks old G35 coupe, however from what i understand our cars have tire sensors. Now for last 1 hour i have done my search in the site but, still bit confused & i am sincerely hoping perhaps you guys can help me out in this matter. I am ordering wheels with tires mounted so, therefore my question is do i need to go to my Infiniti dealer to order sets of air sensor also second question once i get my wheels & tires, do i need to take my tires off the new rims in order to put the sensors??

-Shawn

Old 10-04-2005 | 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by G35SHAWN
I am getting ready to order my new shoes, for my 4 weeks old G35 coupe, however from what i understand our cars have tire sensors. Now for last 1 hour i have done my search in the site but, still bit confused & i am sincerely hoping perhaps you guys can help me out in this matter. I am ordering wheels with tires mounted so, therefore my question is do i need to go to my Infiniti dealer to order sets of air sensor also second question once i get my wheels & tires, do i need to take my tires off the new rims in order to put the sensors??

-Shawn
Unfortunately, yes you have to remove the tires from the wheels to have the tire pressure sensors installed on your new wheels; they are part of the valve stem. You don't have to go buy new ones though, just use the ones from your stock wheels. From what I've read, about half the guys have them transferred over to their aftermarket wheels and the other half just say screw it and live with the tire pressure warning light. I'm in the later half now, but in the future when I have my tires cross-rotated, I'll probably have the sensors installed.

Here's a previous post on this subject that talks about this in greater detail.

Old 10-04-2005 | 04:15 AM
all they have to do is break the bead on the new tires and install them on the stem valve.

I also opt to leave them in the OEM wheel and use them as a "winter" setup

Old 10-04-2005 | 06:00 AM
|
Hmm, does any one know where i can buy a set of tire sensor for cheap....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.