Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Wheelmax- Good/Bad?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheelmax- Good/Bad?

Ok- I said my 5 spokes for my sedan were fine, now after looking at the rides sections I realize I NEED new rims. I have a Obsidian Black sedan and am very tempted to go chrome. My first choice are Fittipaldi Force rims, but the 18''s don't fit the sedan. My next choice is either the 18" ADR Sterling (Chrome) or the 18" Armano Dunamis (sp) . The Armano's cost quite a bit more, and Wheemax is selling the ADR's with tires for a decent price.. Heres the question: Has anyone bought the tire/wheel package from Wheelmax, and if so what quality are the tires. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-17-2003, 03:25 AM
Re: Wheelmax- Good/Bad?

I purchased the 20x8.5 ADR Chrome Sterlings, with 245/35/20's The finish is not perfect but really close. I paid $2500 out the door.

The wheelmax warehouse is right here in Vegas, and they let me pick them up so I didn't have to wait at all. The tires are Nitto's, not sure how long they will last but they seem really to handle and perform very well.

Overall, I would say the price was right and I'm very happy with my purchasing experience and the product received from Wheelmax.

Old 07-17-2003, 02:03 PM

I would check out Boze Alloys. I'm going to get a set of Brushed Stingers myself. I heard the finish is really nice. Here is their website www.bozeforged.com

Old 07-17-2003, 05:49 PM

I saw on ebay that you can buy a set of 18" ADR Sterlings for $699. Company selling them is GT Wheels (www.gtwheels.com).

Old 07-17-2003, 10:52 PM

You should know that Wheelmax does not sell the "Hubcentric Rings" you will need to keep the wheels balanced properly. ADR's are not hubcentric as are most cars I suspect, except the G. Wheelmax knows the G is hubcentric, but may "forget" to tell you this to make a sale. I has this problem with them so I know first hand. I still have some minor vibration problems, but everyone I talk to says this is the norm for aftermarket wheels. The wheels look freakin great, but I may put the 6 spokes back on because the vibration is driving me crazy.

Old 07-18-2003, 07:00 AM

Gforce, how many miles until this happened? I don't drive that much and you are making me a bit worried. My wheels are perfect so far, no vibration issues.

Old 07-18-2003, 10:10 AM

Thanks everyone for your help. Does anyone else have these "hubcentric rings" on their rims? These aren't spacers or anything are they? I've never heard of them. I've had three sets of aftermarket rims and have never had any vibration issues. I am already to order these rims. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-18-2003, 02:01 PM

I just spoke with Discount Tire and they said as long as they put the rings on, I shouldn't have any vibration issues. Unfortunately, the were $100 per rim higher than everyone else for the ADR rims and they can't get them for a month. They did have a nice price on the Armano rims, but I didn't realize those were only 8" wide.

Old 07-18-2003, 07:54 PM

$100.00 more per wheel for hubcentric rings sounds a little excessive, when you can buy the rings seperate for about $40.00 and snap them on yourself. I bought mine from a local auto parts store for $24.00. The rings are plastic and snap into the inside hub of your wheel to keep it centered on the hub of the car, hence the term "hubcentric." You didn't have any problems with your other wheels because those cars were "boltcentric" as most cars are, so I'm told. Wheelmax can tell you the size of rings you will need and where to order them from. Goodluck.

Old 07-23-2003, 03:09 AM

i've heard a lot of bad press about wheelmax from other forums--bad customer service, giving out wrong wheel information to make the sale, no hubcentric rings, etc. also, many complaints have been filed against them with consumer affairs. however, my friend purchased from them with no problems. i just wouldn't risk all the problems and would look elsewhere for adr wheels. i remember seeing several websites that offered adr wheels at the same or close to the same price as wheelmax.

Old 07-24-2003, 01:28 PM

Well, I ordered my 5Zigen's last week with Wheelmax.
I called them for tracking #'s and they told me that the wheels are being prepped. So I asked if I could pick them up myself.
They said no problem - I drove down from West Palm to South Miami, they shrink wrapped the wheels and helped me put them in the car. All in all, they were very curteous and helpful.
------There were some extremely pimped out vehicles in front of their warehouse ------ impressive!!----------
I would definitely recommend Wheelmax.

Old 07-25-2003, 11:38 AM
Registered

njkud,
go with nifg35 ride...i think their called high polish...

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=

Old 07-25-2003, 06:24 PM

If you didnt already go with WheelMax...I am offering a 5% discount on in stock wheels that we carry. That would bring the Armanos down to a very reasonable price!

Thank you,
Discount Tire Direct
(888)459-4080 mention G35driver