Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Quality over Price? Stern ST-2 vs Volk GT-C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quality over Price? Stern ST-2 vs Volk GT-C

I have been looking at wheels along with many other mods for my G and would like your opinions? I don't know a lot about different name brands as far as quality is concerned. I just know what I like when I see them. I also have enough common sense to go with what all the others are using when it comes to getting an "idea" of what is prefered. I know that the Volk GT-Cs (Gunmetal) are a better wheel than the Stern ST-2, but for the price, how much better are they truely?

For wheels alone, I prefer the Volks. However, I can pick up the Stern ST-2s and still have enough for my Fujitsubo Exhaust. If I were to choose the Stern ST-2 wheels over the GTCs , how much am I losing? Weight, Performance, etc. I would like 19 x 9.5 front, and 19 x 10.5s rear. Any suggestions?

I currently have a stock 04 6MT, Ivory Pearl. I am Going FI (Vortec) down the road, but for now, Its wheels and Exhaust...

Thanks for your advice and expertise...

Old 11-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That really depends on your budget and driving habits. Are you really careless, and will likely to put on a few curb rashes on the wheels? If so, then getting the Volks may not be such a good idea, as they are more expensive. If you have the money, why don't you get a set of nice ones for summer time cruising and a decent and smaller set with better tires for winter season.
You have alot of options out there, but Volks are really popular here, because they are really well made for the price that you are paying for them.