Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Goodyear tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodyear tires

This is going to be long winded so be warned. These people are experiencing the same issue I have...the center tread of the rear tires is going bald early. The following is from the tire rack reviews:

At 12K I could tell that the rear tires were not going to last too long. They had excessive wear in the middle despite not being overinflated. At 18K the wear indicators were present and I need new tires. -- Review Submitted 2005-09-22

These are by far the worst tires I have ever owned on any car I have driven. I only have 10,000 miles on my 04 Coupe and I am already on my second set of tires for this 1 year old car. The rear tires have a terrible problem of wearing prematurely in the middle treads only. The front tires wear fine. I had to change the entire set after only 7 Thousand miles. The tires were always properly inflated. On the second set of tires, I purposely underinflated the rears and still have the same problem after 3 thosand miles. The tires are also not made for handling. The only possible positive is they are a comfortable tire. For the money, there are many other tires to choose from.These tires are Junk! -- Review Submitted 2005-06-23

These OEM RS-A on my G35 Coupe is at 3/32 left(rear). And I only have 10,800 miles on them. Center wear is horrible. Do not overinflate your tires. -- Review Submitted 2005-04-29

Definitly this are tires that wear completly uneven. The middle tread is complitly gone on the rear tires. Do not buy them even if they are on sale. -- Review Submitted 2005-02-12

CENTER TREAD OF REAR TIRES ARE WORN OUT AT 18000 MILES. TIRES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PROPERLY INFLATED -- Review Submitted 2005-02-06

These tires came as standard equipment on my 2004 G35 Coupe. I have kept the tire pressures and alignment to factory specs. The ride is the best attribute of these tires as they are not hard riding tires. They absorb most bumps, but of course this take aways some cornering abilities. I am a relatively conservative driver. After only 7 Thousand miles I noticed the middle treads on my rear tires were worn down to 2/32nds!(That equates to the end of the tread life) I complained to the dealership where I purchased the car and he replaced them as "good will" at no cost to me with Brand New RSAs. After only 1,300 miles on the new replacement RSAs they are already wearing prematurely in the middle treads. At this rate I will probably be lucky to get 6 or 7 Thousand miles out them. I find these to be the worst tires in the treadlife department I have ever experienced in all the years of car ownership. Many owners of similar cars have complained of the same shortcomings of premature wear. I will never consider buying another Goodyear product. Unfortunately in this situation I had no choice. I believe these tires are defective in design and should never be sold. -- Review Submitted 2005-01-09

Is anybody esle having this problem? What is the cause if it isn't an inflation pressure issue? I have a winter set up and it doesn't have this problem. Is it the rims or the tires?

Old 01-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the rs-a suck!! They don't do very well on heavier cars like ours.
Poor choice by Infiniti.

I like goodyears tires tough. The F1 GSD3 is a great tire.
Current set. Great traction & even tire wear.

I also like michelin's pilot sport, a bit noisey as they wear out.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 3rd review was mine....

Old 01-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that's nissan cost cutting antics for you... well, not really since the tires are so dang expensive for their crappiness retailwise... hope the goodyear nct-5's hold up well for my 6mt sedan... they run $250 a piece on tirerack...yet there are better tires out there... what the heck is nissan doing? they pulled the same crap with my 2k2 6spd maxima with them overpriced blowtenza re-92's...