Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

JIC Strut Bar Interest?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 04:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JIC Strut Bar Interest?

If any of you have seen JIC's strut bar for the 350Z you know it's top quality. I have been talking to a dealer, as well as a Rep. for JIC trying to convince them to extend there potential release to the US.

Here's the short response I got from JIC.

"We are still waiting on the test fitting result. I believe it wouldn't be long before we have it. Hope it will help your question.
Thanks,"

Bintoro (Ben)
JIC-Magic

I think there trying to guage interest from coupe/sedan owners. I also heard there having clearance problems from the G35's hood...per a dealer over at my350Z.com.

If anyone is interested, please take the time to e-mail Ben at info@jic-magic.com and tell him your interested. The more people that inquire the better chance we have of getting a quality strut bar.

I know Crawford is working on one, but I really like the looks of JIC much better.

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi
2003 G35C, 6MT, Navi, Black Obsidian/Graphite

Old 09-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: JIC Strut Bar Interest?

Their's just one tiny little problem. The G35 doesn't have the Z's special strut bar mounts. The factory welded on special plates that you cannot walk into the Nissan dealer and buy to have welded on. Jic's gonna get a surprise when they pop the hood on a G. Crawford know's this, I own a Crawford strut tower bar, but it cannot be installed untill I can recreate the Z's mounting system. Doug (at Crawford) mentioned they looked at the G35 and quickly realized that duplicating the Z's mounting system was a much bigger task than they wanted to get into at the moment. Until they fatten out their product line to where they want it, will the possibly find the R&D time to maybe turn to making us special mounts to use strut tower bars. I also got the impression that he doesn't think that theirs a real number of buyer's waiting for them to make the parts anyhow. I let him know, flat out MAKE THE PARTS, please make them. If YOU want him to make the mounts, call him and let him know, if they make them, you will buy them.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about with the Z's sturt tower bar mounts, notice how the metal actually wraps around the sides.

Ivry 6mt sed
Crawford Pleneum
Injen CAI
22" resonator
Cusco sway bars
350Z springs&struts
Enkei RPM2

Old 09-13-2003, 10:00 PM

I've owned a 5th gen maxima and a honda prelude and both of those cars didn't have any special plates...is it mandatory to have those plates on the z in our g to install the strut bar??

Thanks

P.S. I went to a local car show called battle of the imports and talked to one of the vendor who carried cusco...and they said there's no application for the z.

Old 09-13-2003, 10:53 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

silverg35 (Journeyman)
09/13/03 07:00 PM

I've owned a 5th gen maxima and a honda prelude and both of those cars didn't have any special plates...is it mandatory to have those plates on the z in our g to install the strut bar??
__________________________________________________ _

Yes, if the bar is going to come off a Z application, it will have to have the same mounting system that the Z has. Go pop the hood on a Z at a dealer and pop the hood on a G35, and also pay attention to where everything is in the engine bay and you will understand Nissan's choice for location and why they wisely chose to reinforce the area they had to use for mounting the strut tower bars as they are not able to use the standard "right on top of the strut mount" location like all the other vehicles you noted are easy to get strut tower bars for use.

It would be really nice if Nissan could add those special mount's to the Nismo catalog, even though installing them would be more intensive than any over part they offer and likely deminish their appeal. Maybe they can create a drill and bolt on affair to do the same thing.

Ivry 6mt sed
Crawford Pleneum
Injen CAI
22" resonator
Cusco sway bars
350Z springs&struts
Enkei RPM2

Old 09-15-2003, 11:11 AM

I am very interested in this!!! Hope they can come up with something...

5 wire Grounding kit
350z Pipe / Stillen High-Flow
best 1/4 14.348 @ 98.16