TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

2003 G35 Coupe Driver's side Window not working...*HELP!*

Old 06-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 G35 Coupe Driver's side Window not working...*HELP!*

Hey guys,

A couple days ago my driver's side window stopped working, it wouldn't go down, so I kept playing with it and finally it did. Now it won't go back up! When I press the button I just hear a clicking noise. Has anyone had this problem before? I did some research and found this is pretty common for our cars for the window motor to crap out, but I'm just over the warranty period so I'm screwed Also, if anyone knows where to get cheap parts and labor for the fix I'd appreciate it. My passenger side window still works fine btw. Thanks in advance!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:05 PM
THAT SUCKS! I have an 04 and have had both motors replaced. Actually I just got the passenger one replaced again!!! The dealer told me it's very common on these things and for me, they never even asked questions. They just replaced it.

When i was at the dealer the very first time with the passenger side, the mech. came over and gave a light tap on the outside of the door in the middle about a foot down from the window frame. I guess that's where the motor is. THE DAMMMED THING WORKED RIGHT AFTER!!

But it sucks and I feel for you. In about 6-12 months, I'll likely be in the same spot with mine AGAIN!!! ARRRGGHGHHG

Old 06-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Ouch Infiniti needs to make this an official recall and replace all the window motors for free, regardless of warranty or not. Obviously this is a widespread problem and it looks like the majority of window motors are defective and eventually will need to be replaced. I actually was able to make the window go up again by slamming the door and holding the switch up at the same time. It didn't fix it though, it still won't operate normally, what a PITA!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
do you notice it works in cold but not hot weather too.. that happened to mine.. replaced motor at the dealer under warranty

Old 06-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get used to it, I had my motors replaced and 4 months later my driver side did it all over again and they were replaced a 2nd time. I am now on motor #2 for passenger and #3 for driver side and when my windows are all the way up I can hear air coming in through my driver side

The following users liked this post:
AL8782 (12-10-2015)
Old 06-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My driver side motor is going out, I have to slam the door hard while holding the down button to get it down. Very embarrasing at drive thrus!

Old 06-20-2007, 10:00 AM
you should get extended warranty.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:47 PM
I have an 04 coupe and replaced the window motors twice on the passenger side door. Once during warrenty, once shortly after warrenty ran out. Both were replaced for free. There might be a recall or something on this.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jberry
My driver side motor is going out, I have to slam the door hard while holding the down button to get it down. Very embarrasing at drive thrus!
i have the same problem....Jay at Infiniti hooked me up and changed out the motor...but it's still having the same problem....i don't roll my drivers side all the way down anymore...i even had my player changed out already...couldn't read CD's anymore....

Old 06-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
anyone tried the reset switch on the motor?

Old 06-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Just had my drivers side motor replaced under warranty. Mine would start to go back up then roll partially back down. Piece of crap.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by bulldog25
Just had my drivers side motor replaced under warranty. Mine would start to go back up then roll partially back down. Piece of crap.

Mine did the same thing and tried the reset button on the motor, so far so good, it worked for me. I didn't had to replace any motors.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Unhappy

Just wonderful! Mine is an 04 and the problem started on the day a bad storm was about to come through. Luckily my bf has the magic art of slamming his fist on things to make them work and that did the trick for about 2 weeks. Now she is a gonner. I have the original warranty and I am at 53k. Think it is still covered? Whats this I read about resetting the motor? Thanks guys!!

Old 06-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I had the same problem with my '03 coupe, the motor went out on my once. That's what happened to us folk that jumped up and got the first generation G...prob should have waited, but the 3 main problems we got with ours if anything is: 1) jammed disc changer 2) brake pads wear out to fast 3) and of course the window motor, but i got it fixed once and haven't had a problem in a while.

Honestly, I would just say you go back to the dealer and get it fixed with factory parts. If there is a mechanic u trust that will use infiniti parts then that's good, but otherwise i would just go back to the dealer. Although you should def get an estimate from different dealers around your area.

Good luck.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2003 G35 Coupe Driver's side Window not working...*HELP!*