TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

2003 G35 Coupe Driver's side Window not working...*HELP!*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just got my first G35c. Pass. window switch is not working. when does the warranty expire on these G's? I'm gonna try the tapping the door method to find out if it works... Thanks.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:25 PM
I am having this problem also. It just happens randomly when I am driving. But if I bang on the door or open/close the door then it will work again.

I have taken my door apart and can see anything wrong. I guess it might be the motor after all. Good thing I found this thread. I am going to try pressing the reset button to see if that helps...

otherwise I will have to take it in to the stealership. Mine is an 04 by the way.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 PM
My motor went out and dealer replace this under warranty... 6 months later the new motor went out too ( no more warranty ) dealer want $350 plus $150 labor

I have 1 month with my new motor ($175 from tony) and Im Happy for now.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fluffydot
I am having this problem also. It just happens randomly when I am driving. But if I bang on the door or open/close the door then it will work again.

I have taken my door apart and can see anything wrong. I guess it might be the motor after all.
The reset procedure isn't going to help you here.....

^^Thats what mine was doing. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not. Banging worked most of the time but eventually you'll get to the point where you have to bang very hard ,and then it just doesn't do anything at alll. I also had issues with it rolling up slower or in a modulated speed sometimes. I tested my door switches, contacts. wires, etc. It ended up being that inside the motor..there are 2 contact "brushes" (small little spring loaded contacts) that were filthy with metal dust from use. I ended up taking the motor down into pieces, cleaning the inside, re-grease, put it back together and dropped it back into the door. It's been running strong since.

Last edited by gizsf; 09-03-2007 at 02:47 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:26 AM
man i have the same problem too.... my pass side motor went out and i just called the dealer and they told me 240 for the motor and 100 for labor... man that sucks.... my window would go up but then when it reaches half way it would go right back down...
where would be the reset button on the motor?

Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Reset switch on motor?

Originally Posted by Deezflip
Mine did the same thing and tried the reset button on the motor, so far so good, it worked for me. I didn't had to replace any motors.

Where is the reset switch? I suppose it's on the motor meaning I will need to dismantle my door panels in order to reach it?

S.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:53 AM
The reset switch is located behind the door panel, very easy to get to.
Check out this thread for more info and link to service manual
https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/172773-noisy-window-when-closed-driving.html

Old 09-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gizsf
The reset switch is located behind the door panel, very easy to get to.
Check out this thread for more info and link to service manual
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172773
Is this on the motor itself...I already took the whole panel off and the cover panel as well that hides the motor...want to give that a try first before I shell out money on the motor.

Thanks,
JD

Old 09-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by *BlackG35Coupe*
Hey guys,

A couple days ago my driver's side window stopped working, it wouldn't go down, so I kept playing with it and finally it did. Now it won't go back up! When I press the button I just hear a clicking noise. Has anyone had this problem before? I did some research and found this is pretty common for our cars for the window motor to crap out, but I'm just over the warranty period so I'm screwed Also, if anyone knows where to get cheap parts and labor for the fix I'd appreciate it. My passenger side window still works fine btw. Thanks in advance!
How far out are you from warranty. One of the local dealer said that sometimes they'll cover up to 80k as a courtesy (I'm sure depending on the prob)

Old 09-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Question

Originally Posted by gizsf
The reset procedure isn't going to help you here.....

^^Thats what mine was doing. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not. Banging worked most of the time but eventually you'll get to the point where you have to bang very hard ,and then it just doesn't do anything at alll. I also had issues with it rolling up slower or in a modulated speed sometimes. I tested my door switches, contacts. wires, etc. It ended up being that inside the motor..there are 2 contact "brushes" (small little spring loaded contacts) that were filthy with metal dust from use. I ended up taking the motor down into pieces, cleaning the inside, re-grease, put it back together and dropped it back into the door. It's been running strong since.
I have the service manual but is it difficult to take the motor apart? Also, what kind of grease is good to use for regreasing the motor? Any help would be much appreciated; I want to try that b4 shellin out some bling on a new motor...since I've tapped the motor b4 and it kinda picks up some speed.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Once you get the motor asembly out of the door so you can access it, it's only 4 little screw and you can get inside the motor. Once your in there, you should see the little brushes I was talking about, carefully clean them and all of the interior of the motor. Remember which points were greases so you can re-grease them after. Yuor going to have to play with getting the internals back in since the magnets are pretty strong (you'll see what I mean , just like that $2 squeeze toy that you can't keep from sliding out of your hand ). If I remember correctly, I think I used a teflon lithium grease for the motor since I had some laying around. Make sure you only lightly re-grease what was greased to begin with. (top & bottom of spindle shaft). As far as the motor reset switch, it should be visible right after you pop the black or willow door trim panel off. It looks like a small black nub (or even a minature drain plug) towards the center & bottom half of the door.

Last edited by gizsf; 09-13-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Does anyone have a DIY for drivers side window motor install? i've searched and haven't found one

Old 01-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
6MT Brembo Coupe
^^It's pretty easy. Remove the door panel. After that, there are 10 or so 10mm bolts that hold the door plate to the door itself. Remove the 4 gold nuts holding the window tracks to the door plate. The window motor will still be attached to the door plate. Unbolt the motor and replace with the new one. The gear may not line up with the glass mechanism so you may have to turn the ignition on and hit the window switch until it does. Attach window tracks to place starting with BOTTOM bolts, and then the top. Line up plate dowel pins at top of door and start bolting it back up. To reset, roll window all the way up. Remove the sticker (on plate) where motor is sitting. Hold reset button down and roll window all the way down (do not use auto). Roll window up and put door finisher back one. Done.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Sponger
^^It's pretty easy. Remove the door panel. After that, there are 10 or so 10mm bolts that hold the door plate to the door itself. Remove the 4 gold nuts holding the window tracks to the door plate. The window motor will still be attached to the door plate. Unbolt the motor and replace with the new one. The gear may not line up with the glass mechanism so you may have to turn the ignition on and hit the window switch until it does. Attach window tracks to place starting with BOTTOM bolts, and then the top. Line up plate dowel pins at top of door and start bolting it back up. To reset, roll window all the way up. Remove the sticker (on plate) where motor is sitting. Hold reset button down and roll window all the way down (do not use auto). Roll window up and put door finisher back one. Done.
Hey thanks Sponger, you saved me 300 dollars lol... ebayed the motor for 20 bucks and installed it through your guide, thanks again.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
6MT Brembo Coupe
Originally Posted by G35Kidd237
Hey thanks Sponger, you saved me 300 dollars lol... ebayed the motor for 20 bucks and installed it through your guide, thanks again.
No prob. You're more than welcome to PayPal me $250

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2003 G35 Coupe Driver's side Window not working...*HELP!*