Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

CD Stuck in my stock Bose 6 Disk In-Dash!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!! CD Stuck in my stock Bose 6 Disk In-Dash!!!

I need some help! I was switching from one CD to the next in my '03 G35 6MT Coupe and a CD got stuck! I can hear a light scratching/grinding noise when I turn the car on, or when I try to eject or do any CD-related function with the radio.

My car is out of warrenty, so I'd have to pay if I took it back to the dealership. Anyone have any idea on how I can get the CD out or fix the problem? I've got a good set of tools and basic mechanical knowledge, but I don't wanna just start digging into it without knowing what I'm going after.

I was thinking about just trying to buy a stock unit from someone on here who's done an upgrade and just swap it out. Would that be the easiest solution??

Thanks in advance for any help!

- Jason

Last edited by BigJasonRR; 07-26-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I am in the same situation as you. My 6 disk is stuck and it's causing me a slow battery drain. Dealership said it would cost me $600 + labor for a new one so I'm trying to decide if I want to find a used stock one or buy aftermarket.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:13 PM
just a sedan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it doing the ed err code, if so, its done, get an aftermarket. Did you try removing the pos battery connector, for like 2 minutes, and then reconnect

Old 08-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Had the same problem with the non BOSE in-dash stacker in my car. Took the dash apart to get to the stereo. Took the stereo apart to have a look inside. The metal box that the CD's sit in was sealed, no screws, clips, etc. Didnt want to pry it open so put everything back together.

Eventually went with a DVD player and a hard-wired FM modulator hooked up to the stock stereo. Only problem is that annoying grinding noise from the stereo everytime you turn the ignition on.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
yea this happened to me alot, just bring it in if you can to the dealership, they say ur to supposed to put burnt cds in but it says mp3 on the side which is stupid since mp3 cds are only burnt not made by big company's or what ever

Old 09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Thumbs up HELP!! CD Stuck in my stock Bose 6 Disk In-Dash!!!

I too have CDs stuck in my stock Bose 6 disc in dash - besides going to local dealer which I will not do, are there any suggestions for repair or fix. I need a recommendation for local repair in the greater Palm Springs area. I have not tried the household vacuum and the desert has had humidity for past two months... Received two recommendations for Advance Car Radio in Cat City but have closed, two local exotic dealers made no recommendations. Please make suggests or offer real options or make your recommendations as everything as previously described are the noises my CD player is making. Thanks

Old 09-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Smile CD Stuck in my stock Bose 6 Disk In-Dash

Found this company in Alhambra, CA and believe OEM Factory Radio has been mentioned/recommended this website; based upon information provided I contacted OEM Factory Radio and have an apptmt for repair at a reasonable fee for repair 'on the spot' in approx 2-hr. See eBay seller xw1600 for current listings with over 630 recommendations/comments. I have had a couple length tphone conversations confirming price and service on a Sunday!! Well worth the drive from Palm Springs to Alhambra.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Psguy61,

I live in Alhambra too and the cd-changer on my G35 got stuck last month.
Could you give me the contact info about OEM Factory Radio?
Also, can you tell me how much they will charge for a repair?

Thanks in advance

Old 10-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Email oemradio@yahoo.com

Contact Ben
1600 S. Olive
Alhambra, CA 91803

Cost repair in two hours @ $165 plus $40 installation.

Should you search eBay, you find current listing as
BOSE INFINITI QX4 G35 NISSAN MAX 6 CD CHANGER (REPAIR)

Oem seems to be flexible as I have an apptmt this Sunday 8A

Old 10-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Thank you

Psguy61,

Thanks for your reply.
I will contact them shortly.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:10 AM
I have this happen from time to time on me, the quick fix is a nice little punch to the left side of the console. try again and the cd should come right out {8^)

Old 10-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Today Ben from OEMradio in Alhambra fixed my problem at cost $205/2-hrs in shop/90day work guarantee. Drove home switching and listening to my CD tunes without any problems - worked like new. Apparently one CD cracked [with the desert heat??] so I will not leave any CD in the unit!! Was also cautioned advised do not use any CD with 'labels' which I have not done so. Being able to listen to all my 6-CDs was music to my ears...thank you Ben.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Cd

I am one happy guy thanks to Ben, just returned from OEMradio in Alhambra, CA - my CD unit was repaired in less than 2-hrs at $205 with a 90-day guarantee. Played all my music perfectly all the way home! 'Music to my ears".

Old 10-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Smile CDs No Longer Stuck in my stock Bose 6 Disk In-Dash

I am one happy guy thanks to Ben, just returned from OEMradio in Alhambra, CA - my CD unit was repaired in less than 2-hrs at $205 with a 90-day guarantee. Played all my music perfectly all the way home! 'Music to my ears".

Old 10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by psguy61

90 day guarantee.. ok cool... but you still run the risk of it happening again. the 6cd bose units are not reliable and the cd player will break in a matter of no time if you use it alot. youre better off gettin a new head unit or going with an ipod interface.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: CD Stuck in my stock Bose 6 Disk In-Dash!!!