Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Is The Reason Why You Need The Jdm Ac Controller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can the OEM AC Controllers from an 06 Coupe be used with the JDM DD bezel? Would it be a direct fit without any soldering? I read through the thread but it pertains to the 03 - 04 models

Old 04-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
^ No.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:30 AM
No. I have a 2006 coupe with the JDM DD. The AC controller is on the same circuit board as the radio. You need to buy the AC controller separately.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by phoenixg35drive
hi, i have an 04 g35 coupe and i just bought an in dash dvd for it, but then i was surprised when they told me that i needed a new dash kit(sorry im new..). so i got the metra dash kit 99-7604, but the buttons seem kinda cheap. can i replace those buttons with the ones from my stock dash?? and any other advice with this kit or installing the dvd??? thanksss n please help!!!

Any answer to this??

Old 05-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by fast04G
haha! i found a couple places but they state we need like 4 different parts. a bracket, climate control, bezel peice, and something else. what exactly do we need? I hear we need, and that we dont need the brackets.

Answer to this?? So far, I just got my new head unit, and I guess I am going to have to buy the JDM DD kit and resolder my dual ac control button on. Also, I am going to need a "finisher" right??

Is there anything else that I will be needing??

This car sure is expensive!

Old 05-04-2010, 03:04 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Dang-Co
Any answer to this??
Nope, you can't put JDM buttons in the metra.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Dang-Co
Answer to this?? So far, I just got my new head unit, and I guess I am going to have to buy the JDM DD kit and resolder my dual ac control button on. Also, I am going to need a "finisher" right??

Is there anything else that I will be needing??

This car sure is expensive!
See my shopping list sticky. It's all you need.
No new bracket required.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:43 PM
What is the reason you need a new AC Controller & JDM piece if you don't have dual climate control or Bose?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by LiquidClen
What is the reason you need a new AC Controller & JDM piece if you don't have dual climate control or Bose?
Since it's obvious you haven't done any searches or read words on this, I'm forced to express myself in pictures.

Name:  quadFacepalm.png
Views: 801
Size:  382.4 KB

Old 05-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Since it's obvious you haven't done any searches or read words on this, I'm forced to express myself in pictures.
Thank you for the facepalms. *EDIT* Did some more reading. AC Controller appears to be only for people with DCC? (correct me if i'm wrong) & the JDM seems to be an exact match to factory while the Metra is off for 06+

Last edited by LiquidClen; 05-27-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Thank you for the facepalms.
Apparently, I need more, because you are still just full of bad information.

*EDIT* Did some more reading. AC Controller appears to be only for people with DCC? (correct me if i'm wrong) & the JDM seems to be an exact match to factory while the Metra is off for 06+
Where are you getting this stuff? Please, show me where you found somebody say "You can re-use the OEM A/C controls unless you have dual climate control."

Even the part of your post that's closest to being right is wrong - the Metra is off for 05+.

I know this post here is buried up at the top of this forum with the other stickies, but you might want to check it out:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Old 05-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Apparently, I need more, because you are still just full of bad information.

Where are you getting this stuff? Please, show me where you found somebody say "You can re-use the OEM A/C controls unless you have dual climate control."

Even the part of your post that's closest to being right is wrong - the Metra is off for 05+.

I know this post here is buried up at the top of this forum with the other stickies, but you might want to check it out:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html
Thank you. While you're reaming me, care to check out the post I made in one of the other stickies about Upgrading & Using the Stock HU and providing me with a little more "constructive criticism"?

https://g35driver.com/forums/5130366-post103.html

Old 07-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone know the specs on the dual climate control microswitch? They only cost a couple bucks so I'd rather just order a new one than desolder the old one.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:44 AM
where would I find a replacement button to solder on?

Old 09-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Re-post of original w/pictures

Re-created original post w/pictures fixed here - all credit to Docron1

To all,

Historically, there have been questions why we need the JDM AC controller to do a DD conversion from our stock HU's to an aftermarket one.

"Can't I just use my stock AC controller?" or "Why do we need to order another AC controller because it is expensive?" or "How can I retain my Dual Climate control?"

**This pertains to 03-04 models only** (05-07 models cary slightly when it comes to desoldering and resoldering the DCC button and LED light)

1. This is what the face of the 03-04 stock HU/ACC HVAC unit looks like:

2. This is the back of the HU/ACC IC board. As you can see, the AC controller is deeply integrated with the radio/CD control circuits. There was a picture posted on cardomain.com back in 2004 where the guy actually physically cut the IC board and separated the stock radio controls from the stock AC controller but had to rewire the IC board traces so that he could mount the stock AC controller but put the radio controls part of the IC board down below the ashtray. The end result looked like something out of the Terminator and the guy said it was a complete PITA project.

As you can see, you need the JDM AC controller so that you can mount your aftermarket HU in the DD space. Otherwise, the stock IC board with the radio/CD controls will block your aftermarket HU.

3. How to retain your Dual Climate Control for your AC.
Take this button of your stock AC controller

..by carefully unclipping these clips...

..remove the "dead" DCC button of your JDM ACC and snap the stock DCC button into the now empty "dead" button on your JDM ACC.

4. Next, desolder your stock ACC controller DCC little green button

5. Resolder it onto the JDM ACC in the same position on the IC board.

so it looks like this...

There you go...
I think for the 05-07 DCC retention, you also need to desolder/resolder the LED for the DCC button as well....

I know this is redundent information but these 2 topics are always asked over and over again and I though I would just condense them into one thread.

Admins, sticky this??? hint, hint....

Hope this helps those who are just starting there DD conversion!
doc

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This Is The Reason Why You Need The Jdm Ac Controller