Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Is The Reason Why You Need The Jdm Ac Controller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 03:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good write up, wish I had that tape deck, not sure why everyone rags on the tape adapters, a magnetic head to an electromagnetic transducer means pretty much line level input with little distortion or loss, basically negligible difference compared to a wired line-in; having the 3.5mm input without having to pull the radio out is a plus. I guess you have to know how they work so you know not to decry them Looks like a $hit ton of work to get a DIN sized head unit in the G35, another reason to get an auxiliary input, as the sound is decent, amplification is good, just needs a decent EQ, which my MP3 has. The stock radio obviously doesn't and it desperately needs help in the mid range, 800-3000hz, as right now it sounds just a little "quacky" (again needs a very small mid scoop).

Old 05-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by soloist3
Good write up, wish I had that tape deck, not sure why everyone rags on the tape adapters, a magnetic head to an electromagnetic transducer means pretty much line level input with little distortion or loss, basically negligible difference compared to a wired line-in; having the 3.5mm input without having to pull the radio out is a plus. I guess you have to know how they work so you know not to decry them Looks like a $hit ton of work to get a DIN sized head unit in the G35, another reason to get an auxiliary input, as the sound is decent, amplification is good, just needs a decent EQ, which my MP3 has. The stock radio obviously doesn't and it desperately needs help in the mid range, 800-3000hz, as right now it sounds just a little "quacky" (again needs a very small mid scoop).
Yeah, assuming the cassette adapter is good quality, but I honestly don't know how many of the cassette adapters have transducers that actually are equivalent or better than the magnetic tape they're simulating.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Anyone know where you can pick up a little green button thingy from the control board instead of having to re-solder the old one off the existing control board?

Old 02-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by G35fromPA
Anyone know where you can pick up a little green button thingy from the control board instead of having to re-solder the old one off the existing control board?
It's simply a momentary contact switch, so if you get one with the same footprint and button travel, it'll work. I can do measurements on an 05/06 button, but I don't have an 03/04 to measure for you if that's what you're looking for.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:36 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
It's simply a momentary contact switch, so if you get one with the same footprint and button travel, it'll work. I can do measurements on an 05/06 button, but I don't have an 03/04 to measure for you if that's what you're looking for.
Ah,bummer. Do you think you might know approximate measurements for 03-04? Thanks!

Old 02-19-2015, 11:34 PM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
Okay so based on this thread I know I need the JDM AC controller, but if I'm getting a JDM DD kit already with the dual zone feature, how is that any different from my current USDM AC controller with dual zone? They look exactly the same to me and looks like a direct swap over. Apologies if it's somewhere in this thread... didn't exactly look through all 7 pages lol

Old 02-20-2015, 11:49 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by the93owner
Okay so based on this thread I know I need the JDM AC controller, but if I'm getting a JDM DD kit already with the dual zone feature, how is that any different from my current USDM AC controller with dual zone? They look exactly the same to me and looks like a direct swap over. Apologies if it's somewhere in this thread... didn't exactly look through all 7 pages lol
It's on the first post, but here you go:

Climate/Radio Control Board:

JDM Climate Control Board:

Old 10-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys. Nissan offers 2 jdm climate controls. One without dual function, one with the dual button already attached. If you go non dual, what does the info cluster display? I'm curious about the solid bars that display under the passenger and driver logos that specify which side you're adjusting temp for. With non dual, do both bars always display? Or none? Or just driver? Sorry but I'm ocd and couldn't fine a clear answer .If just the passenger was stuck on for life...I'd go insane. Thanks in advance for any help .

Old 10-06-2016, 01:52 PM
'04 coupe if it matters.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by zenkig
Hey guys. Nissan offers 2 jdm climate controls. One without dual function, one with the dual button already attached. If you go non dual, what does the info cluster display? I'm curious about the solid bars that display under the passenger and driver logos that specify which side you're adjusting temp for. With non dual, do both bars always display? Or none? Or just driver? Sorry but I'm ocd and couldn't fine a clear answer .If just the passenger was stuck on for life...I'd go insane. Thanks in advance for any help .
Nothing about the display changes when you swap the board. The board is identical except for the physical button that makes contact on the board.

Whatever your display looks like when you turn on the car is what it will look like.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:19 PM
So I'm guessing both orange "bars" that define which side you're adjusting temp for will both be illuminated. I thought oem dual was 05-07 and oem single was 03-04. But this picture they both look the same, and both say all years .

Old 10-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by zenkig
So I'm guessing both orange "bars" that define which side you're adjusting temp for will both be illuminated. I thought oem dual was 05-07 and oem single was 03-04. But this picture they both look the same, and both say all years .

They are absolutely not the same for all years. Those are the 05-07 coupe 05-06 sedan climate controls.
Dual zone wasn't an option in the JDM 03/04 cars, so unless you're buying a pre-modified one, you have to add the button back yourself (or ship it to somebody who can modify it for you).

Part #s are found in the first post of the DDin shopping list: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Old 10-07-2016, 06:27 AM
Gotcha, thanks. I thought dual was only 05-07, but when I came across these parts and picture, it threw me off. Thank you.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there any place to buy just the "dual" button? The PO of my 03 coupe already swapped in the JDM console but did not swap the dual climate control button over. To me it seems kind of silly to pay the $100 for a whole center piece when all I need is the "dual" button.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by parapraxis24
Is there any place to buy just the "dual" button? The PO of my 03 coupe already swapped in the JDM console but did not swap the dual climate control button over. To me it seems kind of silly to pay the $100 for a whole center piece when all I need is the "dual" button.
Junk yard, put up a want-to-buy in the marketplace here, or modify the blank button to work as a button with some razor blade skills and write "DUAL" on it.

But I wouldn't bother, I think I've used the dual function as intended once in my time as a g35 owner. Every other time was to show what the DUAL button did.

The following 2 users liked this post by Wrathernaut:
ErikNYC (06-14-2017), parapraxis24 (02-07-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This Is The Reason Why You Need The Jdm Ac Controller