Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Player: CHECK DISK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Player: CHECK DISK!!

Hey guys! my 04' g35 couple cd player is giving me problems! it keeps saying CHECK DISK when i have a CD already in there! i know there is a common problem with these cd players but does this mean my CD player is gone!! and i have to have it replaced.

if yes, then any recommendations for a good/affordable DVD players as a replacement which will actually go with the interior of the car!

thanks in advance.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:10 PM
check disk usually just means your CD is dirty or scratched. try putting in a cleaner one and see what happens

Old 05-11-2009, 05:35 PM
i did put in a cleaner but it didnt work! the check disk message started to come after i put in the cd cleaner! and i have tried putting in many cds! so i know its not the cds it has to do with the cd player i believe.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:58 PM
if you put in the cleaner with the solvent you may have done something to the lense or shorted something out. Check disk normally means there's a a problem reading the disc.
how long ago did you try "cleaning" the laser?

Old 05-13-2009, 12:34 AM
I actually didnt put any solvent or anything. just put in a cd with two brushes at the bottom of the cd and inserted that. as soon as i put that in it said check disk. So i put in another clean one and it still said check disk. now any cd i try it doesnt play and just says check disk.:S

Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM
sounds like something happened to the laser when you used the cleaner

Old 06-02-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm having this problem also.

I had 6 disks in with no problems, I turned the car off went into a store came out turned the car on. It tries to play each CD and keeps changing to the next. When I have 1 CD in the player it just says "check disk".

Trending Topics

Old 06-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I've had the same issue, and I've heard it from a few other folks....it's a common issue, but I haven't heard any resolution. Anybody know anything about the warranty for cd player?

Old 08-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by youlivnlearn
I'm having this problem also.

I had 6 disks in with no problems, I turned the car off went into a store came out turned the car on. It tries to play each CD and keeps changing to the next. When I have 1 CD in the player it just says "check disk".
Same problem here, but 1200 miles from home. Went into Target to get some stuff, came back out and CD player no longer works. Tried a disc in every slot, but it doesn't matter. Noticed when I shut the car off, I can hear the CD changer grinding for about 1 minute trying to do something.

Guess I will be getting a double din soon

Old 08-02-2009, 11:21 PM
same here my cd palyer died on me so now its time for a doubin din here 2.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:13 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
How to Troubleshoot an Infiniti G35 CD Player Error
By Todd Lawrence, eHow Contributor
updated: December 20, 2010

The Infiniti G35 is an entry-level luxury car that was produced from 2003 through 2007. It was offered as either a four-door sedan or two-door coupe. The car came equipped with a CD player, and buyers could upgrade to a six-disc changer. With wear and tear over time, the CD player might display error messages and require troubleshooting.
Difficulty:Moderately EasyInstructions
Things You'll Need:
CD laser lens-cleaner disc

Soft cloth

Rubbing alcohol

Pen or small screwdriver

Check the non-label side of the CD that you are attempting to play for scratches, dirt or smudges. This can sometimes be the cause of a disc skipping or an error message on the CD player. If the CD is dirty, clean it using a soft cloth and buff out the smudges. Dab a small amount of rubbing alcohol on the cloth if the CD is especially dirty. Let the CD dry. Then, place it in the CD player to see if it will play without error.

Insert a CD lens-cleaner disc (available at any brick and mortar or online office supply or computer store) into the CD player to clean it. An error message might appear because the lens in the CD player requires cleaning. The lens-cleaner disc is equipped with a small brush that removes dust from the CD player lens. Follow the instructions included with the cleaning disc for proper use of this product.

Reset the changer unit if your car has the six-disc CD changer. Open the glove box and slide open the door on the changer unit. Look for a small button located on the changer unit. Once you find the button, use a small screwdriver or tip of a pen to press and hold it in for several seconds. This will reset the changer unit.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by session_road86
How to Troubleshoot an Infiniti G35 CD Player Error
By Todd Lawrence, eHow Contributor
updated: December 20, 2010

The Infiniti G35 is an entry-level luxury car that was produced from 2003 through 2007. It was offered as either a four-door sedan or two-door coupe. The car came equipped with a CD player, and buyers could upgrade to a six-disc changer. With wear and tear over time, the CD player might display error messages and require troubleshooting.
Difficulty:Moderately EasyInstructions
Things You'll Need:
CD laser lens-cleaner disc

Soft cloth

Rubbing alcohol

Pen or small screwdriver

Check the non-label side of the CD that you are attempting to play for scratches, dirt or smudges. This can sometimes be the cause of a disc skipping or an error message on the CD player. If the CD is dirty, clean it using a soft cloth and buff out the smudges. Dab a small amount of rubbing alcohol on the cloth if the CD is especially dirty. Let the CD dry. Then, place it in the CD player to see if it will play without error.

Insert a CD lens-cleaner disc (available at any brick and mortar or online office supply or computer store) into the CD player to clean it. An error message might appear because the lens in the CD player requires cleaning. The lens-cleaner disc is equipped with a small brush that removes dust from the CD player lens. Follow the instructions included with the cleaning disc for proper use of this product.

Reset the changer unit if your car has the six-disc CD changer. Open the glove box and slide open the door on the changer unit. Look for a small button located on the changer unit. Once you find the button, use a small screwdriver or tip of a pen to press and hold it in for several seconds. This will reset the changer unit.
This is a generic piece of advice.

Unless there's something weird with the 03-04's that I've missed, All G35s have 6-disc cd changers, and none of those have a button to reset the unit.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
AAAhhh my bad.
I saw it last night and posted it and was planning to do it the next day.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
In my experience, those cd cleaners tend to knock more lenses out of alignment than actually clean them. Especially if you over-use it. Others may have different results, but just think about the rpms on a cd and then add a little brush to it that slaps the dirt off the cd lens. If you can take the unit apart and clean it with a little light air or maybe a qtip, you'd be better off.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 PM
does anyone know if replacing it with a 05-07 cd player would work? i know the console is a bit different. i'm having the same problem, but i see ppl selling their cd playeres out of 06-07's and wondering if i could buy it just for the cd laser unit. any commentsor suggestions on that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CD Player: CHECK DISK!!