Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body and dash harness part numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body and dash harness part numbers

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and this is my first post on this forum but I've been viewing this forum for quite a while. I've been searching days now looking for the right parts for my G35.

In short, what I need is to know what is the part number for the body harness for a 2006 Infiniti G35 RWD sedan with Bose system?

Here's my story:

I've own a 2004 Infiniti G35 RWD sedan with premium package with Bose and with the aero package for a year now. This car ran perfect without any problems except for the alignment because it is a rebuilt title until one day the engine overheated due a failed electronic fan and clogged radiator. Ever since then, the repairs have been costly and it has never been the same.

Anyways, about a month ago I bought a 2006 Infiniti G35 RWD sedan but without the premium package, aero package, or Bose system. I figured I could just remove all the goodies from my '04 G35 and install it on my '06 G35 without a problem. However, I have learned the hard way that I could not simply swap out the memory seat or the Bose system as it turns out the body harness from my '06 is missing wires and re-arranged into different slots in the connectors or have a different connector or just missing the connector. So, what I've tried doing is swap out the body harness from my '04 to my '06, but it turns out that I was getting a lot of lights being turned on, on my instrument cluster panel which might have indicated a bad ground. However, I didn't realized that the pin configuration of the main harness (dashboard harness) was re-arranged differently as well!

Also, I found out that the '06 doesn't have all four automatic windows. Also, the headlights do not turn on automatically--I did swap out the turn signal switch but apparently I'm still missing a sensor because the headlights are always on!

I understand I will need to swap out all window switches and harnesses, body harness, and possibly the main harness and/or the body control module (BCM). In the end, I need to know these things:
  1. Does the 2006 Infiniti G35 sedan even come with a memory seat option on the premium package?
  2. If the '06 has the memory seat option, will my '04 memory seat work with the '06 body harness that supports the memory seat?
  3. Will I need to swap out my BCM in order for it to fully lower all four of my windows when I press and hold the unlock button on my keyless entry device?
  4. If I get the body harness that is meant for the premium package '06 G35, will I also need to replace my dash harness? If so, what are the exact part numbers for both the dash harness and the body harness for my '06 G35 RWD sedan?
  5. Lastly, what if I wanted to add the OEM nav system? I know that will need a different dash harness, but will that require changing out the body harness as well since maybe the pin configuration might change? If so, what are the part numbers for the dash harness with Bose and with nav and the body harness?

I'd really appreciate everyones' help! It has been a HUGE downgrade and disappointment knowing that I lost so many nice features on my '06 just to have a better conditioned car.

Last edited by xShawn117x; 06-01-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Sounds like you should have gotten an 06 with premium package to avoid loosing all the nice features. My coupe does have everything you're trying to do.

The G had some major revisions in 05, so trying to fit 04 parts might be problematic.

As far as harness part numbers, things can get complicated real quick. Go to http://grubbsinfinitiparts.com/ and look up Replacement Parts, the parts you're looking for are in the Body Electrical section.

Good luck.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by xShawn117x
  1. Does the 2006 Infiniti G35 sedan even come with a memory seat option on the premium package?
  2. If the '06 has the memory seat option, will my '04 memory seat work with the '06 body harness that supports the memory seat?
  3. Will I need to swap out my BCM in order for it to fully lower all four of my windows when I press and hold the unlock button on my keyless entry device?
  4. If I get the body harness that is meant for the premium package '06 G35, will I also need to replace my dash harness? If so, what are the exact part numbers for both the dash harness and the body harness for my '06 G35 RWD sedan?
  5. Lastly, what if I wanted to add the OEM nav system? I know that will need a different dash harness, but will that require changing out the body harness as well since maybe the pin configuration might change? If so, what are the part numbers for the dash harness with Bose and with nav and the body harness?

I'd really appreciate everyones' help! It has been a HUGE downgrade and disappointment knowing that I lost so many nice features on my '06 just to have a better conditioned car.
5's the only one that's really relevant to this forum, and if you've already used the factory navigation system, you know you don't want to go to the trouble of installing it. You're going to be installing this harness:

This is the amount of dash you'll have to remove to get it in: