Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with GROM audio box

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Problem with GROM audio box

Hi i'm having a problem with the GROM USB2P-NIS02 unit. I couldn't find any mentions of that issue anywhere, so hopefully someone can suggest a fix. Sorry for a lengthy post. My car is 2006 G35 coupe with Bose audio and no Navi.

After the car is off for a long period of time (overnight) the head unit doesn't see Grom Audio box. Bluetooth connection is still working during this time, but i can't use it. Powering stereo and car off and on doesn't fix it. After driving for about half hour and powering car off and on, unit is detected again. The USB audio starts playing from the first song, like it was pulled out and plugged back in. After that Grom box works through the day, powering off and on. Next morning that starts all over.

Here is what GROM said: We are aware of startup issue and developers thought they fixed the problem, well a work around at least to the problem but it does not look like its helping. The Issue is actually with the battery, Voltage level drops substantially when the vehicle is started while cranking, i.e. lower than 9 volts, which is causing the GROM unit not to wake up in time before the stereo wakes up. We seen this with car here when testing hooked up with testing equipment. Battery should never drop that low. I'll mention to the development team that this problem still seems to exists and see what they can do.

It's been more than a month, and they still can't figure out a fix.

Thanks for any suggestions

The following users liked this post:
Inferior77 (08-02-2023)