Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

GROM AND2 Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GROM AND2 Install

Hi All,

I installed the GROM AND2 Android adapter in my '05 G35 Coupe today. I have a stock Bose system without the nav.
http://gromaudio.com/store/android_a...interface.html

I watched this video on Youtube for assistance as the instructions from GROM were a bit confusing

This will be fun

As I stated I don't have the navigation system, so I drilled two holes in the back of the storage compartment above the stereo unit to run the mini-USB and AUX cables from the adapter.

Wiring was pretty simple

Everything is back together (with no extra parts leftover) I connected a 7" tablet I already had to test.

The 7" tablet fits this spot pretty darn good! There a little indent under the bottom of the storage compartment door above the stereo unit trim, and it rests against on the open door pretty well.

Because it fits so well I'm going to add a piece of velcro to the top for more security while I'm driving. Plus, this will allow me to disconnect it when it's not in use or connect my Android smartphone instead. I can now listen to music and watch any movies stored on my device. You could also steam music if you have a wi-fi enabled tablet (I don't).

Not a bad way to upgrade your stock system for $105.00 and a few hours of your time

Old 07-26-2015, 10:38 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Sweet! Great job!

Old 07-27-2015, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Nice work. Find a way to hard mount that tablet in though, or else that's flying somewhere at eye level in a crash scenario.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:39 AM
Having issues with the GROM box working with the steering wheel controls and displaying the song titles. I got it to work once with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone.

So the music plays on both XM01 and XM02 radio modes just fine. I can change tracks on the phone with the AALinq app, but not with the steering wheel controls.

Looking around the forum I need some confirmation to be sure I read them right:

1. Was I NOT supposed to connect the original SAT connector into the back of the GROM female connector?
2. Am I also supposed to disconnect the SAT from the harness in the truck?

Any assistance is appreciated

** EDIT **

I think I got this thing figured out.

1. Turn on the car and switch the radio settings to XM02 (this is the USB/mini USB phone cable).
2. The display will read "NO MEDIA". This way you know the stereo has found the GROM adapter.
3. Connect the phone to the mini USB cable or flash drive to the USB cable. If using the phone, connect aux audio cable 2nd.
4. You should now have control of the flash drive or phone (using the AALinq app) through the stereo and steering wheel controls.

Last edited by EnCr1pt3d; 07-30-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I planned on getting the same unit, glad to hear it's working properly! Although I don't really want to use the app it suggests in order to use steering controls...all my music is on Spotify

Old 07-08-2019, 02:48 PM
Power for Grom BT3 or other Grom unit

For those who have a 2006 G35, you might notice there are 3 different yellow wires on the back of the unit. Look for the heaviest duty one. For my Bose it was the yellow with the pink tracer. Also, in my case, I have the Sat prewired to the trunk but no actual radio. In this case you have to leave the extension disconnected from the Grom.