Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav/DVD Powering on, no screen touch detected

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Nav/DVD Powering on, no screen touch detected

After 2 weeks I got my new g35 Sedan Nav to power on. The motor isn't working so if I force the screen all the way up and leave it up than when the car starts the screen powers on with the Infiniti logo and the don't operate while driving message with language selection. DVD works and the display changes when I eject the nav DVD. The car is a 2003 G35 sedan with Bose and the DVD is 2004. Im not sure why nothing powered on the last 2 weeks since acquiring the car but it powers on now. Someone installed a pioneer unit if that makes a difference. So past the language screen the screen won't change.

Any ideas.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:57 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Well, #1, it's not touchscreen. You have to use the mini-joystick thing to do any interaction.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Well, #1, it's not touchscreen. You have to use the mini-joystick thing to do any interaction.
Wrong wording. I was at BestBuy around when I made the post. So update is the Nav is a hit or miss. I seems to be slowly getting better and better. The first day I got the unit to power on it wouldn't respond to input from any buttons. Day 2 everything works perfectly given I keep the screen up. Day 3 now it won't power on. Motor for the pop-up still doesn't work but pressing the release button and pulling it up still doesn't power the screen on. It will only power on if the screen is all the way up but only 50℅ of the time. I haven't cracked open the console yet to check for pinched wires but right now Im assuming it's a short. Since I am new to these cars Im not sure if there are certain wiring restrictions in place. Like a grounded break wire or something along those lines. If I can keep this unit powered on Im gonna try to sell it all. This car even though the exterior is perfect is somewhat of a partial restore. It needs a lot of this and that to back to used car perfect condition