Relentless Autosports STB Resolution ONLY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Relentless Autosports STB Resolution ONLY

Scott called me today and said he will be re-making the bracket. He sent me an email to post here on what the problem was so the ones that have the bar and the fitment issues can see. I believe some of you already know from talking to him. Here it goes:

Originally Posted by Scott @ Relentless Autosports
We have figured out what happened to a some of the passenger side brackets, my fabricator made a mistake in the process and used the wrong pick up hole for the C-channel (part that the cross bar fits into) in the passengers side bracket jig.
Throughout the process of perfecting these things in the past, with the very tight underhood tollerences we have made a few revisions to the jigs. It appears that my fabricator at some point in time while taking them up used the wrong pick up point (hole) on the C-channel of the passenger side bracket.

Again let people know that we have found and acknowledged the problem and are in the process of making the new brackets the way they should have been made in the first time. I assure you such a mistake will not happen again.

Again sorry for the inconvience and thanks for your understanding and patience.
i know this doesn't make you fell better, but at least he will be replacing the bracket. That's fair IMO. I guess i no longer have to make a tiny cut under my hood. i think i'm going to go ahead and cut my hood anyway and post a pic so the bashers can cry a little, or have something to flame about.

Last edited by Calvin; 03-27-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 PM
FYI for the parties concerned. Looks like the replacement brackets will be out fairly soon. I don't think everyone has installed their bars yet, and we have to assume that all might have this problem. Any other updates, feel free to post.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for this update. This makes me feel better. So I guess he'll be sending it out to everybody that got the bar.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the time frame for shipping? The initial order took quite a few weeks. Being no R&D is involved, G35Sedan when are these shipping?

Old 03-28-2009, 05:52 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
Is anyone shipping Scott back the old bracket that doesn't fit?

He told me to do that prior to sending out this message in the OP.

I really don't see a reason why to send the old one back and waste money and time doing so.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Yeah I was wondering that too. Why waste the money shipping back the bracket. I mean if he want to pay for shipping. I really have no use for the bracket.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by myG35ZX
What's the time frame for shipping? The initial order took quite a few weeks. Being no R&D is involved, G35Sedan when are these shipping?
can't answer that for sure, but it will not be nearly as long. I'll give him a call today and find out more on that.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by xx7sephiroth7xx
Is anyone shipping Scott back the old bracket that doesn't fit?

He told me to do that prior to sending out this message in the OP.

I really don't see a reason why to send the old one back and waste money and time doing so.
i asked that when he initially called me. do i have to take mine back to you or what? he said no, so i don't think anyone has to ship theirs back, it would not make sense. i'll ask about that too, but i seriously don't see the reason to ship it back.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:00 AM
^^^ Hey thanks a bunch man. Nice to have somebody trying to get this issue resolved. Now I want to see if I can make this strut bar to fit with the stock airbox.

Anybody have any feedback? Am I going to waste my time doing it?

Old 03-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
Originally Posted by G35sedan03
i asked that when he initially called me. do i have to take mine back to you or what? he said no, so i don't think anyone has to ship theirs back, it would not make sense. i'll ask about that too, but i seriously don't see the reason to ship it back.
I hope you're right man. I gave him a call, but he didn't pick up so I left a message.

I'm a little worried because I'm in this weird situation where I'm going back up to NorCal for school (Spring Break's almost over) today but my family lives down in SoCal. My G is down in SoCal, too, so that's where my RA STB is located. Basically, my luggage is already slightly over 50 pounds, and I don't think I can squeeze the bracket in there or mail it before I leave...

Old 03-28-2009, 07:08 PM
ey guys talked to scott this afternoon and to answer some of the questions.

1. Do you have to ship your bracket back?

yes, he would like to get those back, because those will fit aftermarket hoods. That is his answer. He does not need them immediately so ship at your earliest convenience. i would send it after you receive your replacement bracket though. If you have an issue with that, you would have to contact him directly about that.

2. How long until the new bracket ships?

He said his fabricator is currently working on the new ones. After powdercoating and all, 10 to 14 days when they start shipping. Again if you have any issues, contact him directly.

I am local, so once he has the new ones, i'll get down there ASAP to get it on and make sure it fits fine. I'll post pics afterwards.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Cubanl81
^^^ Hey thanks a bunch man. Nice to have somebody trying to get this issue resolved. Now I want to see if I can make this strut bar to fit with the stock airbox.

Anybody have any feedback? Am I going to waste my time doing it?
np dude, i want to get this issue resolved as soon as possible too. that gap on my hood looks pretty ugly. Makes the G look like it was in an accident.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ a suggestion... since you are local and going there - maybe you should consider picking up several and swapping them with other local members at a meet...that way ppl dont have to pay to ship the bracket back.

Just a suggestion (I know it doesnt help the out-of-towners though).

*Edit - this is for two posts up... one above me snuck in before I could post.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ a suggestion... since you are local and going there - maybe you should consider picking up several and swapping them with other local members at a meet...that way ppl dont have to pay to ship the bracket back.

Just a suggestion (I know it doesnt help the out-of-towners though).
i don't have a problem with that, as long as the parties involved don't have an issue with that either. I am leaving in mid-april for a month and will return 12 may. From there, going to Florida at the end of may for 10 days. All this would have to happen before i leave in mid-april.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ or, if you guys paid via PayPal - maybe Scott woud agree to credit back your account for having to ship it back?... that would actually be more fair - it helps the out-of-towners and doesnt put everyone out (except for having to pack it and find a shipping place)...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports STB Resolution ONLY