ICHIBA rear camber FAILED Please look..Check yours!

Old 12-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICHIBA rear camber FAILED Please look..Check yours!

First and foremost I did not purchase these from the vendor here. I went to Ebay and picked them up. So do NOT accuse any Vendor on this forum. The seller in question on EBAY is CARPARTNATION. I so far have only made a request since I discovered this issue 30 minutes ago to have the rubber bushing side of the REAR Camber arms only replaced since the RUBBER BUSHING side is what has failed.

I even made the offer to cover shipping on my dime and the return shipping of the defective side on my dime as well.

For the complete story: I had these installed about 45 days ago (They sat in a box for nearly 2 months). My rear tires immediately deteriorated to the state of being bald. The camber arms somehow caused my tires alignment in the rear to be pigeon toed. So I broke down and purchased the toe arms from wicked tunning (these parts are complete billet aluminum). I took my car back to firestoned and had it aligned again. At this point it has only been since the 3rd of December. I just installed brand NEW Nitto tires Yesterday.

Myself and several others have been trying to figure out why my car is off. Meaning the tires with the toe arms installed now shifted back nearly 3/4 of an inch. I was over at Dannys (GG) and was discussing the diference in the rear and I stated that the rear driver quarterpanel had been replaced and perhaps that was the reason for the odd appearance. He looked at the camber arms and pointed out to me that it was the rubber bushings in the camber arms that had been completely sheared.

In summary I am going to partly blame firestoned tire repair for the alignment job but I am also blaming the quality of that side of the part for premature failure.

So take this as a warning to inspect your bushings on the rear camber arms to ensure you are not in my situation. My car is still at stock height I have not put coil overs or lowering springs my goal was to simply eliminate the negative camber in both the front and rear. I am on the front Ichiba A-arms and have no issue with those parts as of yet but I will be monitoring them closely.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 PM
This is my original thread. I am suprised no one ever bumped it for awareness.

Check the dates.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
PM bump,
Poster is a good mechanic watchdog to anyone that modifies the suspension and wants handling reliability to be in control.

I've been following his updates on the other installation thread for the replacement he had to do using Wicked Tuning rear arms which he has been favorably reporting.

Alignment of modified R&F suspension parts need to be "watched" periodically. I'll do my own, thank you.

Kind of like every 3rd oil change in frequency with a keen eye. Those modified suspension parts are strained due to owner/builder chosen changes induced in the joints and bushings regardless of materials or cost.
If suspension and wheels are properly aligned driver habits place all increased strain on the joints and as expected weak/stressed part failures present themselves. Oh yea, hard landings on bad roads take their toll too.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:14 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ichiba Rear Camber Arm

Obex 26 thanks for posting..
I sadly already bought new inchiba camber arms but I will still install these soon...
Reason being that I dont want to scam potential buys from buying a fail product.
Wish me Luck

Last edited by datbeans; 04-21-2011 at 02:19 AM. Reason: stupid laptop
Old 05-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Hi Obex. Sorry for bringing up the old post, but had a question about your seller CARPARTNATION. Did you have any issues or resolve with them? I just purchased a set of rear camber arms and I saw that it was that seller. Am I going to have problems? :-)

Old 05-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Yea Carpart nation wanted me to send them the entire camber arms to "replace the failed halves" I told them to ship me just the joint part that I failed and I would pay in advance plus shipping just the joints that failed and to reimburse me after they recieved the failed halves back. Needless to say I did not get any type of approval I ended up just throwing them in a box and ordering wicked tuning arms. My suggestion to you return them get a refund and buy a better product. The rubber bushing is failing. I have Heim joints on all of my new componenets and zero issue I even think that it has also improved the ride a bit as well.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks. I had heim joints on my Mustang. They were great. A little more maintenance but was not intolerable. What about ride quality. I did notice a bit of a degrade, but was still drivable. Thoughts?