Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Buying a 2005 G35 Coupe A/T with mods...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a 2005 G35 Coupe A/T with mods...

Hey everyone. I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 G35 Coupe from a private seller. A/T with 90k miles. He had the 90k service done and mechanically it sounds decent, only minor concerns are typical wear and tear (paint, brakes, tires etc) Apparently the owner knows a lot about cars and had a few mods done to the vehicle. Here is what his list entails:

"Car has a pod filter and a Z tube

- Motordyne 5/16" Intake spacer

- HKS Replica Exhaust (True Dual 2.5" Cat Back)

- Car is lowered on 350z Tein S-Tech springs and 350z KYB Excel-G shocks

- Godspeed front and rear sway bars

- Pioneer 3500BHS
- Crescendo 6.5" midbass in the doors, and Polk Audio midbass in the rears
- 2 10" JL 10W1v2
- Alpine M500
- Sony 600w 4 Channel amp
- All running off 16ga speaker wire and 4ga power.
- Map lights and Puddle lights replaced with LEDs.

Cons:
The paint looks good from 5 feet away but upon closer inspection there are a few scratches and chips, the rear bumper has a dimple in the paint, the hood has a tiny dent from a rock, and the front bumper is starting to have cracks in the paint and has a few scuffs."

With under 100k miles and being listed at $14,000 with a clean title and never been in an accident (although it has been raced a few times) I got the seller to come down to $12,000 plus he will take care of taxes.

My ultimate concerns are the modifications that have occurred (and the exhaust is a lil loud) Many people have told me to stay away from any modified engine. On the other hand, I have mechanics that have told me it's not a big mod and all it does it help with overall performance.

With all the modifications in mind and mileage, is this a good deal for the price ($12,000) ? I cannot seem to find any other versions of G35 Coupe's with under 100k for less than $15,000 (been researching for 2 months)

Any and all advice is extremely helpful as this is my first Infiniti purchase and am trying to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thanks again!

Old 08-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by tnobull
Hey everyone. I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 G35 Coupe from a private seller. A/T with 90k miles. He had the 90k service done and mechanically it sounds decent, only minor concerns are typical wear and tear (paint, brakes, tires etc) Apparently the owner knows a lot about cars and had a few mods done to the vehicle. Here is what his list entails:

"Car has a pod filter and a Z tube

- Motordyne 5/16" Intake spacer

- HKS Replica Exhaust (True Dual 2.5" Cat Back)

- Car is lowered on 350z Tein S-Tech springs and 350z KYB Excel-G shocks

- Godspeed front and rear sway bars

- Pioneer 3500BHS
- Crescendo 6.5" midbass in the doors, and Polk Audio midbass in the rears
- 2 10" JL 10W1v2
- Alpine M500
- Sony 600w 4 Channel amp
- All running off 16ga speaker wire and 4ga power.
- Map lights and Puddle lights replaced with LEDs.

Cons:
The paint looks good from 5 feet away but upon closer inspection there are a few scratches and chips, the rear bumper has a dimple in the paint, the hood has a tiny dent from a rock, and the front bumper is starting to have cracks in the paint and has a few scuffs."

With under 100k miles and being listed at $14,000 with a clean title and never been in an accident (although it has been raced a few times) I got the seller to come down to $12,000 plus he will take care of taxes.

My ultimate concerns are the modifications that have occurred (and the exhaust is a lil loud) Many people have told me to stay away from any modified engine. On the other hand, I have mechanics that have told me it's not a big mod and all it does it help with overall performance.

With all the modifications in mind and mileage, is this a good deal for the price ($12,000) ? I cannot seem to find any other versions of G35 Coupe's with under 100k for less than $15,000 (been researching for 2 months)

Any and all advice is extremely helpful as this is my first Infiniti purchase and am trying to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thanks again!
I wouldnt be surprised if the owner is on this site.
I'd say the paint is the least of your issues. I wouldn't worry about the mods, you would end up doing those yourself anyways. Just how mechanically sound it is, get a good friend or a mechanic to check it out personally. The mods are just simple bolt ons, just a matter of whether he beat the **** out of it.. alot.

Forgot to mention also make sure the electronics are all good.

Last edited by Spartan268; 08-28-2014 at 03:41 PM.