Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Kinked 90 dgree supercharger oil return line!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 01:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Kinked 90 dgree supercharger oil return line!!!

I was changing my oil the other day and noticed my SC oil return line was leaking! Less then a year ago I had Illtech Auto Saloon rebuild and re-install my supercharger... After further diagnosis I noticed the line was kinked where it connects to the supercharger close to a 90 degree angle.. After taking it off the line, it was so kinked there was barley any space for oil to pass through!!! Were talking an inch to half inch oil return line almost completely closed... So far I am not sure what the long term damage is or even damage done now.. It seems to be running good but it sucks that I had to find out almost 8 months after running it from the time they finished the work!! Does anyone know possible damage that may have started or caused? It runs now but they messed up big time.. Any suggestions on how to handle this? Since nothing is officially broken I dont know what to do!!

Old 02-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Only issue people have experience assuming its a Vortech is seal leakage.

I use a braided steel 8 AN line with 45 degree hose end at supercharger drain line connection.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Premier Member

Received 418 Likes on 336 Posts
There are hardly any NW guys on here anymore, I would recommend posting about it in the local facebook group-- PNW INC