Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

LiquiMoly Ceratec-Worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LiquiMoly Ceratec-Worth it?

Hello everyone,

Today I took my 5AT sedan to a very good mechanic in Sacramento, I know this man and his kids personally. There was nothing wrong with the car, just belt squeal.

While I was there, he told me that he uses a drivetrain preservative which also makes the car sound and feel much smoother for 20k miles. He has a friend who uses it on a 911 turbo (the stuff is actually german). He uses it on his son's C5 corvette and his other son's 03 G35 coupe. You poor it directly in with the oil on your next oil change, and apparently it is a must have.

Here is the link to the amazon page for this product:
Amazon Amazon

Also, he says that LiquiMoly makes synthetic oil that is about twice the price of normal synthetic oil, simply because it is that amazing.

Its only 22 bucks+ tax and shipping, but I wanted to know, do you guys think its worth it? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Old 04-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,019 Likes on 937 Posts
Typically with these "add it for increased XYZ" things they end up doing nothing. Do some research on snake oil.

It is things like this that clog pores in your engine, especially at old age. Also carbon deposits that are built up in the engine may break lose and damage your internals.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
If you're taking very good care of your engine, you shouldn't have deposit built up in the engine, especially if you're using a synthetic oil. Our cars need to be driven hard from time to time (they love it). This will keep carbon deposit from building up on your engines internals. Also, if you've known this gentleman for quite some time and you trust his word. I don't understand why you're thinking he will steer you wrong. I've tried oil additives before (not yet in my "G"), some work and some don't. Like I said if you've known this guy for quite some time I don't understand why you think he'll steer you wrong. He has others that CAN prove what he's telling you. That's just my 2 cents.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:20 PM
I'm going to try this myself.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Brooks, I trust him, I just like to do my own research on these things and seeing that its also generally used on german cars I wanted to see if anyone else had used it on her to let me know of any strange side effects.

And please let me know how it goes for you, I will let you know of my experience as well.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Understood

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.