Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

P1239 Faulty Electric Throttle Control Actuator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P1239 Faulty Electric Throttle Control Actuator

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum, I searched around the forum but couldnt seem to find a fitting answer to my problem. Maybe someone could help me out.

Over the past 6 months my 2007 G35S has been throwing a p1239 code. I started happening primarily in rainy weather. It has since progressed to happen nearly every day. I've looked up the code and it describe 3 possible faults.
Code:
- Faulty Electric Throttle Control Actuator (TP sensor 1 and 2)
- Electric Throttle Control Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Electric Throttle Control Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
I am fairly certain that its the TP sensor, either one of them or could be both. But I wanted to get a second opinion, before I go and spend $300 on a pair of new ones.

Symptoms:
When the engine light comes on it is usually preceded by a short rough idle after which the engine either stalls or simply looses all power. I've hooked up OBD scanner to my car and drop around with it reading my TP data. I was able to record that when this happens the TP shows throttle at 0% following 3.9% consistently even when the engine is off. I am assuming its a fault system to prevent any damage to the engine. Usually several attempts at restarting the engine it will eventually start and the TP position will be reset to 1.96% / 2.53%, cold/warm.

I am wondering if this could be caused by throttle bodies simply being too dirty and just needing a good cleaning. The car has slightly over 109k miles on it, and is completely stock. I am going to attempt to clean them tomorrow and will post results. If any one has experienced this please let me know what caused the issue.
Thanks for any help, advice.

Old 09-06-2023, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe
This is an old thread but hoping maybe someone will reply. I am getting this same issue on my 2012 FX35. It originally had a faulty IPDM (the water runoff from the windshield likes to drain right onto the IPDM), so I switched that out along with the accelerator pedal. I started getting the same issue as you some 800 kilometers (500 miles) of driving later.

Anyone have a similar experience? How was it solved?