Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

New Build daily driver 500 HP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Build daily driver 500 HP

Hi guys, im new to the forum, but I have been spending lots of time reading up on a few different things. I recently got a G35 04 coup 6MT, and I wanted to slap a turbo on it. i read the noobs thread and others on here and i had a few questions i wasn't able to find out. let me know if you think this would work or if i should change a few items.
the goal is the get a daily driver but i wanted it to be around 400-500 hp.
i was going to replace the short block with a built short block 81 compression ratio from one of the preordered sites. can i use the heads that come with the original heads (original engine has 90k miles on it), or are there a few parts that i could/should replace?
then i was thinking of a TT from APS (TT so i can reduce turbo lag and get boost quicker) or would a single turbo be a better choice cuz it might be less maintaince. and it would be cheaper?
fuel injectors i was thinking of Deatschwerks 600 cc (is that sufficient or is it too much)?

Thanks guys i really appreciate your opinions.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:58 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Read the info on my350z.com as well, much more information in their FI section that will help you decide on a kit. 600cc injectors will be adequate for 400-450whp. Stock heads can flow fine with upwards of 500hp. I ran stock heads for several years with 500+hp without issues.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:24 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
upgraded head bolts and cams would be beneficial as well.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm browsing around the my350z site a bit. I still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for just yet. But there is good info on there. I know APR makes good bolts, where can I find good cams?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.