Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Help with HKS SC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 04:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help with HKS SC

Hey guys, pretty new here and have a few questions. I have been reading the forums for about 3 weeks now and I feel like I am to the point where I need to ask some questions that i havent found the answer to. I recently purchased an 04 G with a little over 22K. Coilovers, an HKS SC, HKS exhaust, Defi guages/control (boost, oil pressure, a/f), 9.5 front and 10.5 rear wheels/tires are the extent of mods. Im sure many things were parted out so I am not positive if other internals/injectors/etc are upgraded aswell(assuming not) . I threw code and had it checked out... driver side cat so I have a pair of berk HFC otw. Other than that I was wondering what I should get before getting a tune. i know i should get my breathers figured out but had a question on the spacer. Is it recommended with FI or not important. I dont plan on making much more than 350-375 if that even. I dont think I will need injectors or a fuel pump but please correct me if im wrong. Curious about headers and intake manifold... fuel accessories. I'll deal with clutch and flywheel when the time comes. Any recommendations are helpful and welcomed. Off topic also looking at/for hotchkis sways and a seibon or vis CF trunk

Cheers

Old 06-26-2015, 03:16 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I've done some searching around and found people were running the spacers with their FI setup. Some also went with the alternative of getting a whole new plenum altogether. The chance of leaks with the spacer will only occur if it's a bad install. And iirc, the gains will be slightly more than N/A. Essentially you're fixing a poorly designed plenum, so personally I see it as fixing a fault rather than bolting on more power

The following users liked this post:
Scallywags (06-26-2015)