G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

i think its time(replacing radiator)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think its time(replacing radiator)

i drive a 2003 g35 sedan(earlier model) i am replacing a cracked radiator. i have looked through and found a few threads on it and it seemed pretty easy.. even with a clutch fan the instructions seemed a breeze. and everyone else said it was a breeze. well **** no it aint(for me at least).

with the clutch fan in the way it is very hard to reach the 14mm bolt for the alternator/powersteering pulley. ( the one you have to loosen before you loosen the tension bolt below to remove the belt that way I am able to remove the fan clutch so i can get to the radiator...im pretty sure ) it took me a while to find a wrench long enough for my hand to get any leverage in that tight spot with nothing small and long enough to add for more leverage. and when i did first go around on attempt it just slides around and idk if it was already stripped before but it sure as hell is now. is there anything i can do about this? am i done now? is it time for the dealer to replace my radiator and let them deal with it? can i remove the radiator from the front by remove the front bumper and radiator support?
And this might be in the wrong area
im also pretty new to cars and i only know so much so correct me if im wrong or tell me something i missed please.

here are some of the pictures of my problem.

please offer a thought

Last edited by alwaysaproblem; 01-01-2015 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by alwaysaproblem
i drive a 2003 g35 sedan(earlier model) i am replacing a cracked radiator. i have looked through and found a few threads on it and it seemed pretty easy.. even with a clutch fan the instructions seemed a breeze. and everyone else said it was a breeze. well **** no it aint(for me at least).

with the clutch fan in the way it is very hard to reach the 14mm bolt for the alternator/powersteering pulley. ( the one you have to loosen before you loosen the tension bolt below to remove the belt that way I am able to remove the fan clutch so i can get to the radiator...im pretty sure ) it took me a while to find a wrench long enough for my hand to get any leverage in that tight spot with nothing small and long enough to add for more leverage. and when i did first go around on attempt it just slides around and idk if it was already stripped before but it sure as hell is now. is there anything i can do about this? am i done now? is it time for the dealer to replace my radiator and let them deal with it? can i remove the radiator from the front by remove the front bumper and radiator support?
And this might be in the wrong area
im also pretty new to cars and i only know so much so correct me if im wrong or tell me something i missed please.

here are some of the pictures of my problem.

please offer a thought

Belt adjustment is intended to be done from under neath the engine area, the instructions in my 03 Coupe service manual states to remove the undercover when adjusting both the belt pulleys. I would venture to say that this applies to the Sedan as well. Here is a link to the service manual, check out section EM (Engine Mechanical) for your G. Use a six point socket, this will give you better grip on a stripped nut or bolt.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/fsm-list-...g-t525067.html

Good luck and Happy New Year.

Last edited by wuzz-upp; 01-01-2015 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Added information
Old 01-01-2015, 05:28 PM
For radiator removal and installation, reference Section CO (Engine Cooling) of the service manual for instructions. Caution, use a back up wrench when removing and installing the transmission cooler lines at the radiator.

Last edited by wuzz-upp; 01-01-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Added information
Old 01-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huge help wuzz-upp! I'll be looking to replace my radiator next week.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by React
Huge help wuzz-upp! I'll be looking to replace my radiator next week.
Glad I could help.