G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Problem with passenger door

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with passenger door

Okay, so I have searched high and low and could not find anything related to my issue. I bought an 06 g35 coupe and up until today I just figured out the "slide" button function behind the seats. My driver's side works as it should, but the passenger side does not. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem because I don't carry passengers in the back but it would still be nice to know that it works.

At first, I just thought it might be the button, but after careful inspection, I notice that when I open the door with the engine running, there is no door open warning light on the dash. I tried with my driver's side door and the open door warning does come on. Also, when I open the passenger door, the dome lights and the light under the door does not come on. The windows and the lock/unlock does work though.

I'm thinking that it has something to do with the door not "sending a signal" to the car when it is open? Do our cars have some kind of door sensor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Mickeyklu
Okay, so I have searched high and low and could not find anything related to my issue. I bought an 06 g35 coupe and up until today I just figured out the "slide" button function behind the seats. My driver's side works as it should, but the passenger side does not. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem because I don't carry passengers in the back but it would still be nice to know that it works.

At first, I just thought it might be the button, but after careful inspection, I notice that when I open the door with the engine running, there is no door open warning light on the dash. I tried with my driver's side door and the open door warning does come on. Also, when I open the passenger door, the dome lights and the light under the door does not come on. The windows and the lock/unlock does work though.

I'm thinking that it has something to do with the door not "sending a signal" to the car when it is open? Do our cars have some kind of door sensor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have you reviewed the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coup...5_Coupe/se.pdf

Is it safe to assume you've checked for a blown fuse?

See page SE-104

Telcoman

Old 06-07-2016, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
Have you reviewed the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coup...5_Coupe/se.pdf

Is it safe to assume you've checked for a blown fuse?

See page SE-104

Telcoman
Thank you for the link to the FSM, but i figured out the problem. There is a black rubber thing in the door jam that had a loose screw. I just tightened the screw and everything works now. Now when the door is open, the slide button, the dome lights, and the open door warning lights all work now.