G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

just saying hi.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just saying hi.

I didn't see a newbie section in forums so I just decided to post here. I have a 94 toyota 4x4 with around 300k on the clock and found a guy willing to trade me a 05 g35 with 160k on it. It needs a few things. Rear brake caliper is locked up and the interior is gonna need a new drivers seat and console rest. The seat is shredded. And a rear bumper where he had a fender fender at a stop light. Car runs and drives fantastic and has decent tires tho. Unfortunetly it's a automatic but I'll get over it. Anyways just wanting to say hi and brag about my trade a little bit. Comments welcome! Thanks for reading.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:04 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Hey and welcome to the forum.

Toyota pickup fan and tinkerer here myself. I freakin love my '01 Taco. Had it since '04 (same year I bought my G35), and the thing has never once not started or left me stranded anywhere. Absolutely rock solid vehicle and a joy to drive despite being slow as molasses.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
Hey and welcome to the forum.

Toyota pickup fan and tinkerer here myself. I freakin love my '01 Taco. Had it since '04 (same year I bought my G35), and the thing has never once not started or left me stranded anywhere. Absolutely rock solid vehicle and a joy to drive despite being slow as molasses.
Thats for sure! It definitely never failed to start. Wouldn't be trading it except I have wanted a g35 for a long time and finally found somebody that would trade with me haha

Old 08-22-2016, 10:59 PM
You have any cool customization on that truck? Big tires, armor, SAS, gearing changes, daul transfers... anything like that?

5-speed or auto? Slap a picture up of it if you have any. I love those old pre-Taco pickups. It's so hard to find clean versions of them, especially living in the rust belt like I do.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by partyman66
You have any cool customization on that truck? Big tires, armor, SAS, gearing changes, daul transfers... anything like that?

5-speed or auto? Slap a picture up of it if you have any. I love those old pre-Taco pickups. It's so hard to find clean versions of them, especially living in the rust belt like I do.
Mines decently clean and not a ton done to it. Just a 4 inch lift and 35s. It's a 5 speed. It's clean for the age and body is strait as a pin.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:01 PM
Don't get rid of that truck for a G35! You would have to be absolutely out of your mind to trade that truck for the specific G35 that you mentioned. G35's are a dime a dozen nowadays. Clean, straight nice Toyota pickups are not... not to mention that the one you have is actually really nice, minus the mileage. That truck will outlast the '05 G35, especially considering that G already has some issues that you know of, and probably more issues that you don't know of.

The build quality and reliability of that truck is so much better than that of the G35. I like the look of the roll bars in the bed and the bull bar up front on yours. Seriously.. that's a sweet truck. Keep it and save up some money in case you need a motor swap sometime soon and hang onto it forever. I'd look into how much a 5VZ swap is because with that upgrade(the R150F that you have should bolt right up to a 5VZFE and you then just need to worry about wiring and engine mounts), that truck would be a PERFECT platform.

Whatever you do... absolutely don't trade it unless the other guy gives you a good chunk of cash too in addition to his G35. You might be excited and enjoy the G at first but you'll be kicking yourself in a few years that you got rid of that timeless icon of a truck for a slushbox of all things, not to mention that your truck is actually probably worth quite a bit more than that G35 given the condition and mileage on that G. If you make this trade you are getting hosed hardcore in the exchange if it's a straight up swap.

Last edited by partyman66; 08-25-2016 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:49 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Gotta agree with partyman, although I hate trucks that one is very sharp and looks mint.