Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

G35 Coupe aftermarket stereo, non-Bose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe aftermarket stereo, non-Bose

Maybe this is a little early to ask, I am new to posting here. I have a deposit for a G35 Coupe/auto/leather/aero/wheel package. I would like to put an aftermarket stereo in the car, but was wondering if I can still keep the head unit and cd player, add an amp and sub and new speakers? I chose not to get the Bose with manual 'cause I hate Bose sound with a passion, not to be mean but they suck! Does anyone know what size are the speakers and placement? From what I understand, they have tweeters and mids in the doors, and probably two more in the rear deck? That would be my guess, haven't seen a coupe yet in person, no Infiniti dealers on Maui, ordered it on Oahu. I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance! Oh, the color I chose was DG with dark interior, but may change to CB with willow interior because it's been really hot here in Hawaii, like in the 80's. I think a lighter color may last longer in our climate. Everyone has their favorite brands for audio, I have some older gear never used from Zapco and Oz Audio. I may have to find new speakers since I only have 5 1/4" components from Oz Audio.

Old 10-31-2002, 01:41 PM
Re: G35 Coupe aftermarket stereo, non-Bose

Im not sure about the high's (speaker size) but i added some subs to my car..
http://www.mostpurest.com/theg for pics.

<font color=green> . . : : pestilence : : . .
2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan .... sports/sunroof </font color=green>

Old 11-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Re: G35 Coupe aftermarket stereo, non-Bose

I am waiting untill I get back from Turkey to get my sedan, and am planning an install myself. From what I have been researching....it can be done. Best to seek some competent installers - (or a friend who knows more than your average buddy). I have experience with OZ - Tweeters, mids, and Subs. I have upgraded my components to MB Quarts, (hard for many to argue that they are not the best). I still have my 10" subs, and have been pushing them to their max for over 6 years. I installed my OZ seperates and mid base drivers in my wifes car and she is more than content. Save a couple of bucks on new components, but make sure you don't skimp on the amps to power them, and get the install done correctly, so you can ensure the best performance. Good Luck.