G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Driver's Side Headlight Low-beam not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Driver's Side Headlight Low-beam not working

Hey guys

So I'm pretty sure the bulb didn't burn out and that it is a connection issue. The driver's side LEDs still work as well as the blinker, and when I signal on that side, the whole unit blinks instead of just the blinker light, and both the tail and headlight on the left blink super fast. I'm thinking it might be a fuse issue? Or is it just a connection issue. I'm not quite sure what to do, and any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, where are the spare fuses located in a 2003 G35 Coupe? Thank you!

Old 11-05-2016, 09:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Update

So my friend and I spent a bit fiddling with the lights today, removed the bumper and everything. Did a bunch of troubleshooting with the lights, and eventually we isolated the problem to what we think is the aftermarket ballast and this thing I drew a red circle around. It makes a faint humming noise, which the passenger side headlight doesn't make, which leads me to believe this unit is malfunctioning. Does anyone know what this is called, or have a possible solution? It'd be greatly appreciated, as I don't have the funds right now to by a brand new pair of headlights!

Attached Thumbnails Driver's Side Headlight Low-beam not working-capture.jpg  

Last edited by phoking_tj; 11-05-2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by phoking_tj

So my friend and I spent a bit fiddling with the lights today, removed the bumper and everything. Did a bunch of troubleshooting with the lights, and eventually we isolated the problem to what we think is the aftermarket ballast and this thing I drew a red circle around. It makes a faint humming noise, which the passenger side headlight doesn't make, which leads me to believe this unit is malfunctioning. Does anyone know what this is called, or have a possible solution? It'd be greatly appreciated, as I don't have the funds right now to by a brand new pair of headlights!
lol that looks like a gps unit a crazy girlfriend might have attached to the previous owners car.. I didn't read much of what you typed lol, but my bulb ended up being the connector came unlodged from the light. Plugged it back in and viola. If it's humming I would think it's getting voltage. Check the fuses and relays.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.