G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Exhaust for G35s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exhaust for G35s?

I have a 2006 Infiniti G35. It's an automatic and entirely stock; most likely the base model. The exhaust sounds great, though I want it to be just a little bit louder. What are some good modifications for my car to give it a great sound without it being too obnoxious?

P.S.
I looked at this downpipe here:
http://www.frsport.com/Downpipe-Niss...XfcaAjwT8P8HAQ

I don't know much about cars in general. It would be greatly appreciated if someone would educate me on the best things for my car. I love to learn about new things.

With thanks,
John.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
If you just throw those test pipes on there your check engine light will be on nonstop and you'll fail emissions in any state that checks them since they don't have any catalysts in them. Your car's exhaust will also smell terrible but it will be louder.

You just need a cat-back system to increase the sound of your exhaust without messing with emissions. The good old "Which exhaust?" question is probably the single most common thread topic on any car forum... search around and spend time looking through other threads and listening to sound clips of various systems to decide what you want. Expect to spend anywhere from $650 to $1400 just to buy the actual parts, plus some more to have them installed (assuming you won't do it yourself).

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (02-11-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Education: Read all the stickys at the top of the coupe page...knowledge is power!

Welcome to the G35 Driver forums John!
Anything you do to your exhaust system will be illegal, costly or way to loud! Have you been behind a G and listened to their exhaust system? They sound really good outside but you don't notice how good inside! Most states allow high flow cats, (HFC's) if allowed that's one way to increase exhaust flow/sound. Much different than those test pipes you were looking at! Try using our SEARCH under "Best exhaust systems" for more knowledge/options!
Again John, welcome and enjoy the ride...Gary

Old 02-11-2017, 01:08 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Welcome John, you've been given some really good information on how to proceed. One of the first things we ask new members to do is to read and familiarize yourself with the forum rules. One of the rules is you are required to do a little leg work to find answers to questions you might have before you ask them here. We don't mind helping out but we certainly won't spoon feed you the information you're looking for. Use the search function here or Google and the wealth of info on here will literally blow your mind. This helps to keep the forum as clutter free as possible, after 15 years we've accumulated a lot of it.

So get to reading my young padewon and happy hunting!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.