G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Splash Guards Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 05:04 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Splash Guards Review

Hey guys, well after installing my new front and rear Splash Guards I picked up from Grubbs Infiniti...

http://www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com/en_US/

I have to say, I love em! I know many of you have mixed feelings about them, but they not only look hot on a lowered black G, they also perform quite well!

What I did was I installed the splash guards on one side only, the passenger side in this case. I hosed down the street in front of my house, making sure it was wet as can be and then I drove through it. Back and fourth, left to right, I did pretty much all I can do to see how much water I kick up. When I got out to check out the water marks, it was clear to see that the driver side had more body spray than the passengers side. Somehow that little extra extension on the front guard is all that it needed to keep all that water off the side of the car. Sure I got some, but compared to the drivers side, it was considerably less.

They also definately give the G a more aggressive stance. Next week, the factory front lips coming in. Its now actually available, even though many dealerships still don't know about it. Cost wise it was $400, and it comes painted, so its not too bad. An aftermarket one like Stillens will run ya a hair short of $300, but by the time you add shipping and paint, you'll be hitting the $400 mark without breaking a sweat if not more.

I'll throw you all some pics of that once I get it on.

Old 06-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Splash Guards Review

hey
can u post some close ups of the splash guards..and also where did u buy the front lip?
ill be interested in that
is this the lip?
http://www.mixedreactions.com/g35c/g35c%20219.jpg

thanks
pm me or email me at:
ravi.chhabra@verizon.net

Old 06-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Here ya go....

The front...

The rear...

And regarding the front lip, if that's the factory OEM one, which it looks to be, that's it! I ordered mine from Competition Infiniti in Smithtown, NY. When I got there the parts center knew about it, but wasn't sure if it was able, but after making a phone call, he got a part number, and it was ordered. It should be in tomorrow. Prior going to Competition, I had asked around a few other dealerships and they looked at me like I had a third eye, not sure what I was talking about. In fact one parts guy even told me that I could NOT install the splash guards on my G becouse I had the areo kit on it. I was like what? I should go back there and show that idiot my splash guards...

Old 06-29-2003, 06:29 PM

Hey man

I was hoping to see some more shots too man

If its possible could you take some 3/4 rear shots where the lights reflects off the guards making them more visible

more aggressive you say eh?

nice .. I like that ..

I wanna see more full shots where the gaurds are more visible .... there is a little area about 1/2 cm where the gaurds connect .... obviously not flush against the body .but that little part will shine off some light ..which will help define the body contours which tends to be more so hidden on our black beasts

later bro

ohhh yah .. and thats the stock front bumper man.... no chin lip there..

later

Old 06-29-2003, 06:29 PM

so how much is it for both the splash guards and the front lip ordered and installed?

Old 06-29-2003, 08:24 PM
G SQUAD

Competition Infiniti, eh? That's where I got mine with the aero kit that has all those pieces you're installing. Who'd you buy your car from? My salesman was Steven Labarbara, a real cool guy.

What town do you live in?

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Old 06-29-2003, 08:32 PM
G SQUAD

Old 06-29-2003, 09:15 PM

balzac72
that front lip that u have id be very intersted in getting that...any ideas where? dealeR?

Old 06-29-2003, 09:27 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

I actually bought my G from Ramsey Infiniti in Jersey. It was the only place that had one (the car was ordered by someone who had left a deposit on it, 2 months later the car came in, and then he couldn't get approved for the financing). So after hearing no, no, no, no we dont have any black on black G35 6 speeds from everyone else, I picked my G up from Ramsey. Sure I could have ordered one from any of the local dealerships, but who wants to wait 2-3 months for one?

The only thing I got (ordered) from Comp was the front lip. Nice people there! I asked the guy about it, he pulled out the parts book, made a phone call, and found it. A day before I went to Great Neck Infiniti's parts and service center, and although the people in the service dept are great, the parts guy there is a total idiot. I asked him about the front lip, and he was like lip, what lip? He didnt even try looking it up, even after I told him it was an OEM part. Then when I asked him about the splash guards, he said either the front or the rear wouldn't fit if I had the areo kit. Once again I was like what? I have seen people with G's with aero kit's and the guards on, so I was so lost at what he was telling me. I then asked a few other places and everyone else said they would work, so I ordered them from Grubbs. They came out to $68 a set, and I think its $$$ well spent!

I live in Syosset and work in NYC. Where are you Balzac72? Also, very cool G you got there! Hey, FYI - you know that gas station kind of across on the corner from Comp Infiniti across the street from Wendy's, called Formula Fuel, that's one of my little investments. I'm there from time to time. If you're ever out that way, drop me a line and we'll meet up.

Lastly, I'll get more pics for u all tomorrow....

Old 06-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

ravish - it is an OEM part! Call and ask your local parts center and don't take NO for an answer! Most dont even know it exists, but it does!

Old 06-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Here's a pic I had from the rear...

Old 06-29-2003, 10:07 PM
G SQUAD

I'm in Dix Hills, but used to live in Syosset. What year did you graduate HS and what part of Syosset do you live in? I used to be on Evelyn Ln, maybe 5 streets behind the library.

Old 06-29-2003, 10:13 PM

How did you install the splash guards? Drill and mount or tape? Thanks.. and also if you know the part # to the lip that would help me with the parts people.... Nice car dude!

TC

"There is a Very Fine Line Between "Hobby and Mental Illness".

Old 06-29-2003, 10:32 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

its both, drill+screws+tape from what i hear

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 06-29-2003, 10:37 PM

hey man
yah part numbers would be cool..and how much was the lip??
and can the dealer install both the lip/sidemakers??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Splash Guards Review