G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Easiest/cheapest to get auxiliary compatibility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 12:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Agreed! I thought about putting an old ipod in there too but its just too much of a hassle. I also still have unlimited data on iphone so I tend to stream music more than listen to the ipod anyway.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:19 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
I use strictly Spotify/Pandora these days.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:25 AM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Just ordered mine Mustang. For this particular transmitter there's no aux Jack right, only the usb?

Old 02-24-2016, 12:11 PM
It connects via Bluetooth. It connects as soon as I get in the car and start the engine.

There's a slot for a micro SD card to put music on that, and the USB hookup which I use for charging my phone. Unsure if I can connect via USB never had a need to try.

It also comes with a remote control...why? I do not know.

Pretty decent at phone calls too. MUCH better than my OEM handsfree setup

The following users liked this post:
JayVQ (02-26-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
It connects via Bluetooth. It connects as soon as I get in the car and start the engine.

There's a slot for a micro SD card to put music on that, and the USB hookup which I use for charging my phone. Unsure if I can connect via USB never had a need to try.

It also comes with a remote control...why? I do not know.

Pretty decent at phone calls too. MUCH better than my OEM handsfree setup
It works well but gets distorted at really high volumes. I like to blast music sometimes so that's the only downfall but everything else is good. I'd give it a 4 star/5.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:33 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by IllaNoizeTV
It works well but gets distorted at really high volumes. I like to blast music sometimes so that's the only downfall but everything else is good. I'd give it a 4 star/5.
try turning the volume on your phone down and turn the volume up from the head unit. sometimes makes a huge difference. if the phone is at max volume it tends to distort the music, at least in my car

Old 02-27-2016, 11:39 PM
Haven't tried that yet. I've tried turning the volume down on the fm transmitter but I had full volume on my phone. I'll try that next. Thx

Old 02-27-2016, 11:40 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

No worries. hope it all works out

Old 03-08-2016, 10:23 PM
esy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I can't even get an adapter to work. I've tried 3 and none worked for me.

I'm using an old school 80GB ipod there now, but I couldn't tell you the last time I added new music to it. Having to plug it into a laptop just seems so old school.
I bought a factory Apple 30pin to lightning adapter and it sort of worked. It would play music like it would if it were plugged in like an AUX cable. It didn't charge my phone or allow me to use the steering wheel controls. It was basically worthless. I was considering going back in there and changing out the iPhone cable to an AUX cable, but didn't want to spend that kind of money. I'm using the cassette adapter right now.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by esy
I bought a factory Apple 30pin to lightning adapter and it sort of worked. It would play music like it would if it were plugged in like an AUX cable. It didn't charge my phone or allow me to use the steering wheel controls. It was basically worthless. I was considering going back in there and changing out the iPhone cable to an AUX cable, but didn't want to spend that kind of money. I'm using the cassette adapter right now.

That's why I'm currently just using the $25 Amazon Bluetooth adapter. It gets the job done well enough to my satisfaction short of investing some serious money into it.

I can't justify it with the age/miles on the car. Next car will likely have Bluetooth and such, so I can wait.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:13 AM

Okay this fm transmitter just stopped working on me. While I was listening to music, the music stopped and I heard a weird frequency noise then it disconnected from bluetooth. I've tried to reconnect it again but it doesn't come up as an option when trying to scan from my phone. I tried turning it on and off and my Bluetooth on and off from my phone and nothing. This thing is crap. I don't recommend it

Old 06-18-2016, 12:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by IllaNoizeTV
Okay this fm transmitter just stopped working on me. While I was listening to music, the music stopped and I heard a weird frequency noise then it disconnected from bluetooth. I've tried to reconnect it again but it doesn't come up as an option when trying to scan from my phone. I tried turning it on and off and my Bluetooth on and off from my phone and nothing. This thing is crap. I don't recommend it
Mine does this too. Hold down the power button for a few seconds. Let go and then hold it down until you hear the frequency noise again. Should connect right back up. No idea why it does this but it is annoying on longer trips.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by JayVQ
Mine does this too. Hold down the power button for a few seconds. Let go and then hold it down until you hear the frequency noise again. Should connect right back up. No idea why it does this but it is annoying on longer trips.
I just tried that and it doesn't make a frequency noise when I turn it on again no matter how long I hold the button. Like my phone doesn't even find it when I scan and I have a note 5

Old 06-21-2016, 06:07 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
You can always burn your music to CDs and play them through the CD player. That's what I did with my Accord so I wouldn't lose XM radio. My G35 on the other hand, already had an IPod cable set up. Thank God too, before I noticed the cable I had to listen to FM for an hour or two.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:52 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
^^^You could have turned off the radio, plugged headphones into the ipod and been set w/o having to suffer through FM trash. Just sayin.........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Easiest/cheapest to get auxiliary compatibility