G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Passenger window won't roll up/down.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Heh, well "fixed" is an overstatement. I've been using this 'fix' for a couple of months now but next week I plan on taking this bad boy apart. Sigh, every single car I've owned I had to take apart a door (to swap speakers mostly).

In my case it's not the motor I'm pretty sure - so it can only be the regular (or maybe I'll get lucky and it's just a lose bolt / need a reset).. On G's regulator is the track - there is no rubber track on which the window rolls as I learned from the dealer..

Old 07-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Finally got around to fixing the darn window yesterday. It did end up being the motor.. Nissan's regulator design actually looks pretty reliable to me so I'd say if your window doesn't work ~90% it's your window motor. Got a refurbished one with 1 year warranty for $100 shipped. Installation is pretty straight forward and there are videos online if you need

One more comment. Premium BOSE sound my a$$! After I took off the door panel first thing I saw was the 'high quality' speaker from BOSE. OMG it must me worth all of $5. So those had to go. Replaced the speakers with Infinity Kappa's while I was doing the window motor..

Last edited by smash; 07-07-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: stuff
Old 07-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smash
Guys, if you can't hear the motor when pressing the button - then it's your motor.

If the issue is elsewhere here's what works 100% of the time for me (with it being stuck or down). Just hold the up/down button, depending on which way you're going for, and slam the door while still holding the button. Works every time, but I know I will need to take the door apart at some point and get it fixed. Just dunno if I need to replace rubber tracks or if this is a simple tie up & spray some lube on the tracks.. Comments?
this just happened to my driverside and i cant beleive this fking worked thanks man!

Old 08-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, if you can't hear the motor when pressing the button - then it's your motor.

If the issue is elsewhere here's what works 100% of the time for me (with it being stuck or down). Just hold the up/down button, depending on which way you're going for, and slam the door while still holding the button. Works every time, but I know I will need to take the door apart at some point and get it fixed. Just dunno if I need to replace rubber tracks or if this is a simple tie up & spray some lube on the tracks.. Comments?
Thank you thank you thank you! I had to go to work in like an hour and my window was jammed down like everyone else's. This worked 100%. Every time I slammed my door holding the window button up, my window inched up. From there you can help it out by grabbing the window up and pushing up on the window button

Old 08-16-2015, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by armstrom
. so to get the window back up I had to hotwire the motor. The motor itself works just fine.
Same problem here. Could you please tell me how did you hotwire the motor?

Thank you very much.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by baroanescu
Same problem here. Could you please tell me how did you hotwire the motor?

Thank you very much.

I know it's months later but you take the door card off, locate the window motor plug (has six wires) and use the two large wires - blue and green

Old 11-27-2015, 06:22 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Problem may lie in the motor or switches. BOTH go bad in our cars. Switches you can test easy by simply using driver side which sounds like you already did so the problem is defiantly in motor.

There is a way you can repair the motor (if it's repairable). Sometimes you can just clean it up and it works again (brush surface). Other time you actually have to replace the brushes. Or you can buy a good working used one from me.

https://g35driver.com/forums/interio...or-repair.html

Old 02-02-2016, 06:17 AM
Another fix that worked (and amazed) me was the Hard Reset. We used 2 People, I sat in my car while my buddy disconnected the positive and negative terminals on my battery, Touched them together for 10 seconds, and then hooked the battery back up. Ill be damned if the back passenger window that hadn't moved in a week rolled right the F up like it was brand new!

Since then, Ive got the child lock on, and a death threat to any potentiarlmpassenger who even goes Near the window switch. As for now, my driver window and sunroof work fine, so as long as I can hold off in replacing the "Master Switch" (Which Ive been told by multiple sources is the ultimate problem, but it doesn't come cheap), Im good to go!

I never saw/tried the slamming the door wth the window button held up trick, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like that worked too. Anyways, Being the middle of winter, I know how relieved I was to get that sucker up, so hopefully this post will help a fellow G driver in need

Old 10-21-2016, 01:11 PM

That worked for G37s, the back left window wouldn't go down but it does now. The only issue is it seems to be dragging against something. I think it may have scratched my tint.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:33 PM
FYI, the passenger window motor is the most notorious issue I've had with this G35. I've had to swap out the motor three (3) times! I've gotten pretty good at it.

Every time it was the motor in my case. No rubber parts had to be swapped.

Originally Posted by armstrom
I can say for a fact that the issue is not my motor even though I can't hear it when I push the switch. I held down my unlock button on the keyfob and all of my windows (including the passenger window) rolled down just fine. However, infiniti decided NOT to include an auto-up mechanism like they did on the older cars . so to get the window back up I had to hotwire the motor. The motor itself works just fine.

After studying the wiring diagram I've found that the +/-12V used to roll up/down the window is sourced from the switch in the door itself. Each door switch has a microcontroller that decides when to roll the window up or down depending on input from the door switches and a serial interface (which is how the BCM is able to tell the windows to roll down when you hold down the unlock button). I believe the problem I'm having is with the passenger side switch itself. The 12V battery supply is present at the switch but never makes it to the motor. The switch is only $70 but I would like to try to swap one first before I drop the coin on the switch. Anyone in the Orlando area want to let me try a swap? maybe I should try to "test drive" a G37 from the dealer (Kidding).

I guess I'll just have to take a risk on the door switch. What's odd though is that as far as I can tell the same serial interface is used by the master control on the driver's door but that control can't roll the window up or down while the body control module CAN... Very strange.

Old 05-05-2019, 09:38 PM
XS to the MAX
Works.....Kinda

I tried this this and it works for me; however not a long term fix. I can get the window back up, but then if I put it down again it does the same thing, so I have to repeat the steps.

Originally Posted by kool_yaar
if you cant hear the motor trying to move the window then you might have a dead motor, i suggest you reset them by unhooking the battery negative for a few seconds and holding down the brake pedal for 10secs to clean out the elec system. and try again, if you get no attempt from the motor to move the window then try swapping out the motor with your driver side before buying a new one. (you will loose radio presets, save seat etc memory as soon as you reconnect the battery)

Old 08-23-2020, 05:59 PM
G37 sadan
My G37 Sadan all 3 passenger windows stopped working at the same time.

All passenger windows and door locks stopped working at the same time. That rules out bad motors. I have discovered a blue i guess its a fuse pack in the motor compartment. Its a 40a 30a 50a i am looking at it since the cover says wdw on the 40 amp spot. Does anyone know the part number for this.

Old 08-24-2020, 03:15 AM
Received 372 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Ybnormal
All passenger windows and door locks stopped working at the same time. That rules out bad motors. I have discovered a blue i guess its a fuse pack in the motor compartment. Its a 40a 30a 50a i am looking at it since the cover says wdw on the 40 amp spot. Does anyone know the part number for this.
Either your driver side or passenger side window button assembly harness is loose.

Old 10-01-2021, 05:37 PM
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
G35x
Looks like my left rear finally died in my '07 G35x.

I can hear a click, swapped switches as test and getting 12V power back there so apparently the motor.

What kind of a bear can I expect if motor doesn't operate at all removing this?

Looking at FSM it seems to assume motor is partially working to extract the regulator assembly.

How hard to replace the motor on regulator within the door if I can't extract it?

Thanks!

Old 10-01-2021, 07:56 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,457 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You need to remove some electronic stuff to do this so take off the battery negative before unplugging stuff.

First test the wiring harness at the motor, you can unplug it without having to remove anything important, take off the door finisher panel (usually a couple of cables that link to the lock and door release handle that are super easy to remove just pay attention to which is which, sometimes a speaker to unplug, sometimes a courtesy light as well as the door button harness), then remove the metal inner panel cover (it will have a flange with like a billion bolts around the perimeter) and the motor harness should be accessible. It's a 2 pin harness, voltage will be +12vdc with the window up and polarity will reverse to -12vdc for window down.

EDIT: You will need to plug the window door panel buttons back in to do this, it will pop out of the door panel, usually I just remove the panel finisher and inner metal panel, then plug the harness back in, put the battery back on and do the rest of the repair with everything energized. The car won't care if the motor itself is disconnected, only if the window buttons (has a little computer in it) is disconnected while energized.

I haven't done the V36 window motors but you can normally unbolt and replace just the motor without having to remove anything else. You need to support the window glass though so take some 3ft long strips of painters tape and go up and over the window frame so it's taped on both sides. Use enough tape that you have about 4-6" of total width supporting the glass.

Then it's normally just a matter of unbolting the 3-4 mounting screws that hold it to the door inner frame, from there it's a cable drive so you can swing it out enough to access the 3 or so torx (it's something like T25 on the V35 chassis) that are on the backside that holds the motor onto the actual gearbox/cable drum. This is the important part about why the motor is so easy to replace on these chassis, it's a cable drive system so once the motor is unbolted from the door frame you can just swing everything out to an accessible location, pay attention to the orientation of the motor so you don't clock it 90 degrees off. If you need to rotate the shaft of the window motor (it's a square drive just like a ratchet) then just plug the motor in, put the battery back on, then bump the button a couple times to spin it till it's the same orientation as the old motor.

Use a 1/4" socket with the torx bit, don't use a torx screwdriver because those screws are usually on there pretty damned tight plus there's more room with the torx bit in the socket (1/4" drive socket/ratchet works the best if you have it).

Once it's all back together (torque spec in the FSM is unlisted so just snug it up well). Then do the window recalibration steps which for the V36 are super easy, roll the window open with the first click of the switch (manual mode) then roll the window closed with the second click of the switch (automatic mode) and continue to hold the switch to the up position once it's fully closed for 3 full seconds (go a little longer to make sure). Then test the auto down/up and it should work.

The following users liked this post:
treacherous (10-02-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Passenger window won't roll up/down.