G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New owner, a few questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner, a few questions...

Hey guys, I made a thread about my car in the new members section, but TLR I have a 2007 G35x with the tech package/fully loaded. I did a quick search for some of these questions but was finding not very solid answers.

Questions:
  • I have wood grain interior bezels, do they make carbon fiber replacements? Or how about replacements period outside Infinit?
  • What are the best springs for a reasonable drop (1"~ rear, 1.5"~ front) but without too much difference in comfort? Yes I expect any to change the ride a bit, I'm looking for the most reasonable.
  • Are six speed swaps possible? Could you use say, a T56, or a built auto trans? Has it been done?
  • Most common Twin Turbo kit, does anyone Turbo the X's?
  • Most common breaking points once you make power? Where are the weak links?
  • Why are the X's slower than the non-X's if they have the same power but potentially less traction at launch?
  • Good exhaust for X's? Average HP Gains? I saw that the stock air boxes are pretty sick!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by DoomDash; 04-21-2016 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else got some answers for me? Are these forums pretty unactive these days (I know Supraforums died off).

Old 04-24-2016, 08:49 PM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by DoomDash
Hey guys, I made a thread about my car in the new members section, but TLR I have a 2007 G35x with the tech package/fully loaded. I did a quick search for some of these questions but was finding not very solid answers.

Questions:
  • I have wood grain interior bezels, do they make carbon fiber replacements? Or how about replacements period outside Infinit?
  • What are the best springs for a reasonable drop (1"~ rear, 1.5"~ front) but without too much difference in comfort? Yes I expect any to change the ride a bit, I'm looking for the most reasonable.
  • Are six speed swaps possible? Could you use say, a T56, or a built auto trans? Has it been done?
  • Most common Twin Turbo kit, does anyone Turbo the X's?
  • Most common breaking points once you make power? Where are the weak links?
  • Why are the X's slower than the non-X's if they have the same power but potentially less traction at launch?
  • Good exhaust for X's? Average HP Gains? I saw that the stock air boxes are pretty sick!

Thanks in advance!
1) yes there are carbon fiber ones made not sure by who and how much but i have seen people with them
2) get the 350 sport springs and struts
3)manual swaps are possible. its prob easier the sell your car and buy a manual. if you want a MT. there are shops that will build your auto trans.
4) not sure search
5) not sure search
6) heavy trans
7) depends on preference. all of them make the same sort of HP. you just have to find one you like the sound of.