Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Mesh Ducts for nismo bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Yeah it's an actual city, lol. Car looks a lot better with the painted mesh and grille.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
anyone know where i can buy some screens just like those for my kuruma z bumper? i tried some gutter guards from home depot but they aren't tall enough for the middle gap in the bumper. im trying not to have to buy the $75 ones from kuruma. thanks

Old 05-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OP, your car looks great now!

now i want a nismo bumper even more

Old 05-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dyzfoo
ok guys just got done paintin over the weekend..it mismatched with a chrome grill...so i just decided to paint the grill also tell me what you guys think.

Ugh, the Nismo and Inven bumpers looks so ****ing good! I can't deicde which one I want =(

I also think if you get the Nismo bumper, you gotta get a gialla grill. it just flows with the vents

Last edited by NachoCheese; 05-26-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NachoCheese
Ugh, the Nismo and Inven bumpers looks so ****ing good! I can't deicde which one I want =(

I also think if you get the Nismo bumper, you gotta get a gialla grill. it just flows with the vents
the gialla is cool,but i rather keep the stock one, looks better to me IMO.
the nismo is great but the front really flares down more then the stock bumper.if i lower my car anymore its gonna be close to touchin the ground.i think the inven looks more aggressive.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:26 PM
thanks for all the opinions guys! appreciate it!

Old 05-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Lookin good buddy!

Stock grill stays nice and clean. You might look into the "Home Depot splitter" for the bottom of the Nismo. Its has saved mine several times and it looks like you are sitting low. Now go out and rock that ****

Old 05-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by TheDizzle
Lookin good buddy!

Stock grill stays nice and clean. You might look into the "Home Depot splitter" for the bottom of the Nismo. Its has saved mine several times and it looks like you are sitting low. Now go out and rock that ****
thanks brahhh ill look into that, btw what rims are you rockin?? those look like linea corse but not sure..the lip looks bigger.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
NICE JOB OP, looks awesome ! and definitiely look into my patented HD splitter, lol, I posted some pictures for you below to get an idea of how it will look on your Nismo front, in the first picture you'll see a painted HD lip, color matched silver to the car giving it the appearance of being part of the bumper thus making the car look lower than it actually is, super aggressive

Originally Posted by NachoCheese

Nacho I've had both Nismo and now I got Inven front, the are both equally good lookin imo, I lean slightly more towards the Inven because it looks more OEM. What's funny though is that they both got 1 angle where you look at them and it doesn't look good, the shot from the top and side, lol.

before

after

Last edited by Adon; 05-26-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
tell me more about this Home Depot splitter please

Old 05-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Home depot splitter is a garage door finisher slapped on the bottom of any bumper with some red 3m tape. Looks good on some, looks like **** on others. Here's a picture of one of those crapbox neons with one:

Old 05-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Fail on picture post...^ I didn't realize the nismo above has one of the home depot lips already installed.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Parhamm, yea when I first started doing the splitters a few years back I went crudely about it, just the lip and that's it. It's been a while now and I've been doing them painted and reversed for a super clean look.
And I been trying to push that through so other guys will start doing it this way cuz as you can tell in my pics above, it looks way better than just slapping the lip on and leaving it as is, but it's not really catching on, I still see almost everyone doing it the old method how I first posted it back in 07.

edit: oh and I just realized looking at my last pic, that my Mt. Fuji emblem is crooked! damn gotta fix it now

Old 05-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dyzfoo
dont get me wrong,the product was good. but the guys at my bodyshop had to do alot of work and take stuff from my old bumper just to make it fit.
What all did they have to take off and how much work was needed to get it fitting right? I have a Nismo replica, from Strafe, sitting in my garage but I've been having second thought about putting it on.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Gargan
What all did they have to take off and how much work was needed to get it fitting right? I have a Nismo replica, from Strafe, sitting in my garage but I've been having second thought about putting it on.
basicly all the inserts had to be made,the holes for the bumpers to clip on,the holes for the grill to insert in,and the 2 mesh ducts had to be superglued on because there were no inserts for that also.and they told me they had to shave the bumper itself just to make it fit correctly.if you look really close to my car theres a gap near the cars left headlight. but you have to see it in person

Last edited by dyzfoo; 05-27-2010 at 01:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mesh Ducts for nismo bumper