Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

1st Fridays at The Fountain (Roseville, CA)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
1st Fridays at The Fountain (Roseville, CA)

UPDATED INFORMATION -

First Fridays at Fountains at Roseville
Starting .. Friday, June 4 (and continuing on July 2nd, August 6th and September 3rd)
From 6:00p to 10:00p at Fountains at Roseville, Roseville, CA
The First Friday of each month will include closing main street to only pedestrian traffic for a great street fair experience with artisan booths, sidewalk sales, a beer & wine garden and car show from 6-10:00 p.m. On the stage, DJ music will entertain with a dance party led by local dance professionals.

Read more: http://events.sacbee.com/roseville-c...#ixzz0lZu2aPkI

This year (2010), we've been able to secure the 1st Friday date of - August 6th. We will be sharing the evening with the Sacramento NSX group. We have the entire car show area for ourselves.

FYI: Sacramento NSX's are expecting approx 20 cars.

FINAL list of attendees Registration Closed 7/15/2010

1. inqui-Z-tor (Alan); z31
2. mozy (Stan); G37
3. finagle69 (John); G37
4. EldinsG35 (Eldin); G35
5. ZeeForce (Curtis); z34
6. TheBrosZee (Hal); z34
7. Flyinion (Charles); z33
8. JermyZ (Jeremy); z33
9. JZ33 (Jeremy); z33
10. patman530 (Pat); G35
11. zblues (Paul); s30
12. Lost Cloud (Oliver); Nismo 350Z
13. RobertV (Robert); G35
14. angryCOWofDoom (Ged); z33 ........ email needed
15. Stealth Z (Eric/Parker); z32
16. Extreme G (Rusty); G35
17. nissan driver24 (Mike); G35
18. WorksEuge (Euge); z33
19. freshnikez (David); G35
20. 862sik (Jay); Z31
21: ken060984 (Ken); z32
22: seekanddestroy; z33
23: goldzxtl (Spencer); z31
24: estodo6 (Alex); G35
25: Dale; z33
26: CWofRR (Wesley); z33
27: Nismo Kid (Kip); z32
28: Godfather (Carlo); z32
29: FairLadyz916 (Huy); z33* ... photo needed
30: zstyln (Lyent); z32

NOTICE: All participants need to check your emails for the latest in guidance regading the event.

Last edited by inqui-Z-tor; 07-30-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Notce to check emails added. Map removed.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well mark me as interested! lol

Old 04-20-2010, 07:39 PM
I’ve spoken to the marketing people of the 1st Friday @ The Fountains – Roseville.

1st Fridays are scheduled for: June 6th; July 2nd; August 6th and September 3rd.
They are in the middle of planning for the 1st Friday events – I’ve been told they have a number of car organizations/clubs that have made requests to participate in the car shows.
What I do know ..

The car shows are scheduled (on the 1st Fridays) from 6:00PM to 10:00PM.
Cars MUST BE in-place/staged NO LATER than 5:30PM.

To aid in planning (both mine and the 1st Friday people) is to get an idea of which Friday’s you are available for.

Note .. July 2nd is near the 4th .. and August 6th maybe be close to Hot August Nights?? Keep that in-mind was you post up your availability.

I need to get back to the 1st Friday people with a good understanding of our availability and commitment to attend.

What I'm looking for is (Example) Post Yes/No/Maybe

inqui-Z-tor
June 4th: Yes
July 2nd: Yes
August 6th: Yes
September 3rd: Yes

edit: In doing some research via other groups. Once we get a date, we'll be given a number of spaces/slots. A final listing will be compiled. If your name isn't on the list - YOU WON'T get in. Drive-ins/Walk-ons are NOT allowed. So you all need to be as upfront as you can when posting your availability. For those of you familiar with Santana Row "shows" in San Jose .. this will be similar.

Last edited by inqui-Z-tor; 04-20-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow a "show" in Roseville? I'm in for any date!

Old 04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
finagle69
June 4th: Yes
July 2nd: Maybe
August 6th: Maybe
September 3rd: No

Old 04-21-2010, 06:18 PM
^^ Thanks.
Keep posting up .. I'm keeping track of what days appear to be best, 2nd best, etc ..

Old 04-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Sounds great Alan; let me know if you need any help. Just throwing this out...If other car groups are bidding to get a night on the books and say if we do not get one for several reasons, then:

1) Maybe consider piggy backing with another car club. Even if we do get a night to go-n-show, then maybe open it up to more than just Nissan-Infiniti-Datsun. When I was there last year at the Vert Friday night...granted there are many more models of Verts than G's and Z's, so it was not that bad.....but I was bored after the first 15 carz and left without seeing any more. It just was the same-o-same-o.

2) Consider more models/makes than what is suggested at the beginning of this thread. Take for example Euge's Lollicup meet every year in Roseville....there are enough make/models to keep ones interest as they stroll thru the park-ing lot.

As far as combining Dave & Busters (D&B) with Friday Night Fountains (FNF). I say keep em separated, there is too much to try and organize a go-n-show and D&B under one bill.

Curtis

ZForce aka ZeeForce
June 4th: No

TheBrosZee

Old 04-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Sounds great Alan; let me know if you need any help. Just throwing this out...If other car groups are bidding to get a night on the books and say if we do not get one for several reasons, then:

1) Maybe consider piggy backing with another car club. Even if we do get a night to go-n-show, then maybe open it up to more than just Nissan-Infiniti-Datsun. When I was there last year at the Vert Friday night...granted there are many more models of Verts than G's and Z's, so it was not that bad.....but I was bored after the first 15 carz and left without seeing any more. It just was the same-o-same-o.

2) Consider more models/makes than what is suggested at the beginning of this thread. Take for example Euge's Lollicup meet every year in Roseville....there are enough make/models to keep ones interest as they stroll thru the park-ing lot.

As far as combining Dave & Busters (D&B) with Friday Night Fountains (FNF). I say keep em separated, there is too much to try and organize a go-n-show and D&B under one bill.

Curtis

ZForce aka ZeeForce

TheBrosZee
Hey Curtis .. thanks for the tally information.

As for the groupings of the cars. It's not up to me. The Marketing people have a plan. Right now I know for sure - the NSX group have put their name in for the car show.

I'm not aware of any other Japanese car groups that may/may not be in the mix. That information, other than the NSX was not shared.

I'm pretty sure we'll get "invited", the question is can we make a decent enough of a showing (ie .. numbers) to make an impact? If we can make a positive impact, it's possible to get some leverage or influence next year?

Ohh .. and I appreciate the offer for help. No doubt I'll need it.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
Hey Curtis .. thanks for the tally information.

As for the groupings of the cars. It's not up to me. The Marketing people have a plan. Right now I know for sure - the NSX group have put their name in for the car show.

I'm not aware of any other Japanese car groups that may/may not be in the mix. That information, other than the NSX was not shared.

I'm pretty sure we'll get "invited", the question is can we make a decent enough of a showing (ie .. numbers) to make an impact? If we can make a positive impact, it's possible to get some leverage or influence next year?

Ohh .. and I appreciate the offer for help. No doubt I'll need it.
I am not so confident we can make a good showing, and if we cannot, they will not invite us back again next year. The reason I suggested we piggy back (this year) with another group (like the NSX group). Therefore we will not be shooting ourselves in the foot the first year out of the gates. Ya know how difficult it is to pull carz to an event in the Sacto area….. we can pretty much count on about 15 carz in this area.

The only other way I see this being pulled off is to get a good rep from the Bay Area G/Z community and to have some additional variety. Or contact the other forums that participated at Lollicup. I would also consider the beemer community. They have a strong following here in Cowtown from GTG’s in the Natomas area.

Another suggestion is to have a, submit your car pic and we all pick who will be showing. That way we have our best foot forward. Not to leave others out, we could have a staging area off in one of the back lots of The Fountains, sorta a second best go-n-show.

Soooo u can scratch us from the list if that’s the case…cuz both of our carz are pretty much stock on the exterior. I could park in the back lot as a third best….lol

Just yammering at the jaw! It's your gig Alan, you started up the communications with The Fountains....meh...I will go with the flow.

I may not be able to respond to this thread until after the weekend. I am helping out with a run and managing two other runs on several forums.

Curtis

Old 04-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Easy solution to your problem, Curtis:

Mod your damn car!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey Curtis .. no apology needed. I appreciate the "free thinking thoughts and questions"

If we (the greater Sac community) can pull in 15 cars, I'd be happy. At this point, I don't know how many spaces/slots we'll be given. My goal wasn't to try to fill up The Fountains parking lot.

As for your and Hal's cars .. they look awesome to me. The slight tasteful mods you've done are "show worthy" .. at least for this type of event. I don't expect to see many 370z in the show .. having your 2 will fit in nicely.

I've got feelers out in the Bay Area for interest. (I've already got strong interest/response from the Central Valley Z group)

I'm hoping to get a good mix .. remember, it's Datsun/Nissan/Infiniti .. so we're talking 510s, roadsters, Maxs, Alts, Sentra, 240sx's, etc ... for Z's: 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX .. 300ZX (I/II) too. I hope that I can get a few 300ZX (Z31s) there so I don't have the only one.

As for the G's?? The Sac G's typically are good for 10-20 cars all on thier own.
As far as I am concerned .. all can sign up .. all have great looking rides!

Regarding the NSX's. The only reason I know about them is that I was told by the 1st Friday Marketing people. I know a few (from other events) of the NSX group .. but they didn't seek us out .. I'm sure they have their plans "in-place", but I'll see a few of them this weekend ..

I'm in contact with the 1st Friday folks, trying to get a better feel for the event.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:34 PM
^There's only about 6 G's in Sac that are modded and regularly make meets and shows. Make sure you factor this in.

If some of the bay area guys come, that'll definitely add to the mix of G's.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by finagle69
^There's only about 6 G's in Sac that are modded and regularly make meets and shows. Make sure you factor this in.

Only 6?? LOL ... that's fine. I don't know why I thought the Sac G's team was larger? Again, I'm not attempting to organize anything like we did for the 370 "intro tour" (almost 100 Z's). Remember, this is a Friday evening thing .. I don't expect anyone to drive from the bay area to sit and park for 5 hours .. (a 10pm ending means bay area drivers won't get home until 12midnite .. 1am ..??)

Ideally .. say all 6 Sac G's can show .. then if say, 6 Z's (mix of z34, z33, z32, z31, s30/130) show .. then thats 12 cars right there! (if only 1 each commits) .. then a roadster? 510? Alt/Max/Sentra ..

That'd be successful in my mind .. start small, then build up for 2011. I just want to get a "foot in the door" so to speak ..

Old 04-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm willing to make the drive if I don't score an internship

Old 04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69

Am I in that 6?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st Fridays at The Fountain (Roseville, CA)