Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Samco Coolant Hose and Intake Tube

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Samco Coolant Hose and Intake Tube

Just had the Samco Coolant Hoses and Intake Tube installed. They are marketed for Z but also work for the G35. I am very happy with the results.

The Samco Coolant Kit is offered in various colors and includes:

1. Upper Radiator Hose
2. Radiator Overflow Hose (Must be cut to fit for the G-reduce length)
3. Lower Radiator Hose
4. Heater Hose

Samco also offers various vacuum line sizes in 3 meter lengths to finish out the coolant kit.

The Samco Induction tube is a replacement for the G or Z tube. Mine was an early production one and it had to be cut to fit for length. It is more of a straight tube with no rubber ribs in it so, it should be a little less restrictive than the z-tube.

Their web site is www.samcosport.com. The distributor was Forge Motorsport in Orlando, Florida. Web site is www.forgemotorsport.com.

Attached Thumbnails Samco Coolant Hose and Intake Tube-samco-plenum.jpg  
Old 04-15-2005, 01:23 AM
That looks awesome, if you could keep us updated and let me know what the intake hose costs, thanks.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:21 PM
G SQUAD
i ve had mine on for a year and their great!!!

Old 04-15-2005, 11:41 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
hey man

i can not find them anywhere on their website. do you have a direct link? and/or how much were they?

thanks

Old 04-16-2005, 12:37 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SFLG35
hey man

i can not find them anywhere on their website. do you have a direct link? and/or how much were they?

thanks
I believe that SAMCO will not sell direct. You must purchase through one of their Authorized Distributors. Keep in mind, that if the Distributor does not have your choice in stock, there may be a considerable wait to have it made. Also, there may be a difference in price between each Distributor, so shop around. I think including my Distributor here in Canada, there are only 3, but only 1 listed (the most expensive one ). They listed 3 in the US last time I looked.

Old 04-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Gordgee is correct. You cannot buy direct from Samco and there are only three USA distributors. I purchased mine from www.forgemotorsport.com. The reason I used forge was because they are right down the street from me so I could see it and save on shipping. They also had the product in stock. With the other two distributors, I could not even find the product on their web site.

The four hose set was around $190. The z-tube replacement was around $140. I would call around to all three and be sure to see ask if they have it in stock. If they have to order, it comes from the UK so, it can take while to get the order. When you call forge, ask for Mike Lombardi. If you think it will help, feel free to tell them that Tony, who is local and just purchase the kit, set you. They may be willing to match a lower price if you get one. Never hurts to ask. I was very happy with their service.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:14 PM
As an FYI, I found out last week that Forge may not continue as a Samco distributor.

I placed another Samco order with Options Auto Salon: http://www.optauto.com/.

I will let you know how it works out with them in 4-6 weeks.

Trending Topics

Old 04-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FLFIRE, looks good. Are the benefits purely aesthetic or are there performance benefits to the silicone hose kit? Thanks.

Old 04-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by amg35
FLFIRE, looks good. Are the benefits purely aesthetic or are there performance benefits to the silicone hose kit? Thanks.
For the coolant hoses, it is purely aesthetic and not performance. From a durability standpoint, they should last longer than the stock and less prone to failure. This is per Samco's web site. I have no first hand knowledge but they do appear to be of top quality.

For the induction hose, Z-tube replacement, it appears that is would have less resistance than the z-tube. This is due to the fact that the rubber ribs are replaced with a straight run. Again, this is my own speculation. If it has any return, I can't imagine it would be worth anything more than 1-2 HP over the z-tube.

Old 04-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As FLFIRE says, it's mainly for esthetics. The hoses should prove much more durable than the stock hoses, and peace of mind that your hoses won't fail. I recommend the Mikalor clamps which are used in rally racing which are very reasonably priced, stainless steel, bevelled to protect your silicon hoses, and can be clamped down with amazing force!

I've been told that their Induction tubes, especially with their turbo set-ups for VW, etc., are very good for HP increases due to their design.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:32 PM
G SQUAD
i got mine at hotchicksracing.com