Nissan Power Pup Bullydog - First Impressions

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nissan Power Pup Bullydog

heres the first thread to this.

https://g35driver.com/forums/tech-07...de-option.html

ok more official update. and looks like im the first to get this
got the power pup from bully dog.

you have to download upgrade software off their website. takes about 5 mins.

then plug in the uploader to the pc and update that to the current version. takes about 5 mins.

then plug it into the obd port on the car reads your engine map
and then begins to tune it.

after reading the map takes about 5 mins

it said that i needed to contact bullydog for a file update

(and depending on the ecu version in the car they have maps worked out.

of course mine was a completly different map that they havent had a tune for yet. )

i called them gave them my ecu code that was on the programmer and they said that they will make a map for me in a few days...two days later called them back they had the tune all set just needed to test it out R&D.
told me to call back at the end of the day next day. called them back tune was alllllllllll settttttttt emailed me the tune uploaded that to the programmer again no more than 5 mins, plugged it into the ecu and the fun began!

read ecu then asks you what you want to do..
change rev limit..can make it go up or down from 4k-8k..changed mine to 8k
change the top speed limiter from 40-180mph. changed mine to 145mph.
then the tune 3 maps
stock, low setting any gas grade, and full tune premium gas grade 91++, i use 93. i went with the full tune.
change idle rpm..i left that stock
then it asks you if you want to change timing +-2 degs i left that alone.

installed and made changes took about 20 mins. and said uplug and start your car.

started it up let the car fully warm up, and took it out. and from the stop y: my car already pressed me into the seat when flooring it now this with my friend in the car not fully sitting back into the seat when i floored it whipped the neck back in first.
so we knew the tune worked some increase in power.
next was the redline stopped and floored it again went all way up to 8k.
so that worked.
and last test was the @!@% speed limiter at 130mph. first highway run. hit 145mph in 4th at only 7k rpm. so there was deff room for more. put about 500 miles on the car so far since i got the tune and no complaints so far.
deff a recommend for the price for the HR motors. the tech said i should get with the stock engine 12whp and with my mods about 23whp.

questions comments.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy crap.

Uh, well... Price? Difficulty of install?, ease of use?

Put some more mileage on it and report back.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:24 PM
wasnt that all included in the ^^ post click the link its all in there. for price. ease of install umm time i believe was also posted for each step. i dont know if i missed anything else that you did.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by suby01
wasnt that all included in the ^^ post click the link its all in there. for price. ease of install umm time i believe was also posted for each step. i dont know if i missed anything else that you did.
I know I know, I was just excited thassall

At that price, it's tough to argue NOT having one

Old 03-23-2009, 12:36 PM
That's awesome suby. Screw bastard Cobb tunings. They are "working" on our car. LOL

Anything about shifting changed? I know I am not talking about the TCU just the feel at shift change since he character of the G changed? Also is it shifting at 8k in DS too? Well under a bi like it does with normal.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:56 PM
DS/drive mode..
good question i never drive in those, but i will do it for u guys and let you know the next min. i take it out.
and yes a big effyew to cobb. took BD 3 days to get me a custom map. 3DAYS!! how many cobb posts do we have here? besides that lets keep this on topic.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
subscribed ....

i dont see 03-04 g35 anywhere .

im guessing no go for 03-04...

Old 03-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Suby don't forget to update your sig/mod list. LOL

Old 03-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Any plan to dyno it? Youdid not long ago so you should be able to see the gains.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Nice thanks for the update, So it seems like we all need to get it then have them do a map for us? Or was it because you're the first person?

Old 03-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I think they only need one guy for each type of ECU. If your ECU matches with what they have you are good to go. If not you have to wait few days to get a map. Which is decent. We know how it went with Cobb tuing. We have bn waiting for like 6 damn months. Sorry Suby I just so frickin pissed of Cobb.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
how do they do the maps?
do i tell them what my mods are and that's it?? :S

Also, our fuels here go like this>>
Premium - 91 octane
Super - 95 octane (what I use)
Ultra - 98 octane

Old 03-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah it thats what i wanted to know too how do they come up with the maps? It sounded like the THingy you have reads your engine then creates a map? who needs custom tunes if this thing can do to lol.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
I don't get how they are doing a tune. also, if they are basing the tune off someone who is not stock, I don't see how that is appropriate for me. More likely, they are doing some generic changes to the map to yield a little extra power--not what we would call a "tune" per se.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by tg1234
Any plan to dyno it? Youdid not long ago so you should be able to see the gains.
ya i actually might go soon.

Originally Posted by Csquared
Nice thanks for the update, So it seems like we all need to get it then have them do a map for us? Or was it because you're the first person?
ya they have different "engine codes i guess" or maps whatever you want to call it. dont hold me for the correctness. so far they have about 5 maps/engine codes for the HR.

he said that they have the titan with about 50 different ecu codes. so whatever you call it.

but on a stock HR motor they said it showed 12 whp.
i told him my mods, and asked him what i should expect he said they had a similar G with intake full exhaust and showed 20 whp. again it all depends on the car some Gs are different stock whatever.

Originally Posted by mishmosh
I don't get how they are doing a tune. also, if they are basing the tune off someone who is not stock, I don't see how that is appropriate for me. More likely, they are doing some generic changes to the map to yield a little extra power--not what we would call a "tune" per se.
right its not a tune where a tune is directly made up for specific performance upgrades, and i do not know what this "program" is made up of.

for that price having a OBD check engine reader and to adjust all the following this to me its even worth it.

Originally Posted by tg1234
That's awesome suby. Screw bastard Cobb tunings. They are "working" on our car. LOL

Anything about shifting changed? I know I am not talking about the TCU just the feel at shift change since he character of the G changed? Also is it shifting at 8k in DS too? Well under a bi like it does with normal.
in DS mode it shifts at what it looks like 7750-7800, like i said i use manual shift when i floor it, and it redlines at about 7900.

heres a quick vid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Nissan Power Pup Bullydog - First Impressions