Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

ARP offers wheel studs in custom sizes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
ARP offers wheel studs in custom sizes

Hey guys I had been looking into the Nismo 50mm studs, but read about them snapping so I decided on ARP, but problem was they're too long at 70mm est. and I didn't want to use open ended lugnuts, so I emailed them to ask a few questions and the response I got back was unexpected, because nowhere in my month long research on either G35driver nor my350z did I come across the fact that ARP offers custom length studs, and I'm sure this would be very useful info for some of you guys who like me want the reliability of ARP, but don't want to run open ended lugnuts.

I'll quote the exact email I got back from their rep.

"Adon, we do not actually list a wheel stud for the Nissan applications, and the only other ones we list with the same knurl diameter would have a length of 60mm. We can custom make wheel studs to your specifications, however, you would need to contact our factory to get a quote"

so my questions for the experts is what size would be right for me, I am going to be using McGard Spline drive lugs and they offer 34% more stud engagement as seen in the pic below. And I'm trying to use every spare mm for maximum engagement so I calculated OEM stud length of 42mm + 34% which put me at 56mm, so I figure going with a 50mm size would be perfect, what do you guys think ?

EDIT: I just received another email from ARP and this was to answer my question on cutting their studs, I was thinking about ordering their extended and cut them prior to finding out they can be custom made. I'm not going this route anymore because I will be ordering a custom size

"Adon,
I apologize, I left out that you can cut down our studs, the best way would be to actually turn them down on a lathe. You'll need to insure that you do not get the stud so hot that it changes color, and also, care should be taken not to damage the threads, as you can not run a die over the threads as this would affect the stud"

Last edited by Adon; 07-06-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Great info! Thanks for sharing. Please let us know the quote you get. Thanks.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
^ no problem buddy, I will be calling them sometime this week and find out the cost by then. I don't see why it would cost any more than regular price of $150 especially when they're using less materials.