My morning at Eibach .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 05:10 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
My morning at Eibach .

I had another thread going to see if there was any interest for a group rate on spring install with 4 wheel alignment in Southern Cal. There did not seem to be much interest, so I decided to strike out on my own.

I had my car at Eibach in Corona, CA for them to install their new 2007 G35 Pro-Kit springs onto my car this morning. The install and alignment was pretty quick … I was outta there by lunch time. I have attached before and after pictures. Sorry, the car is pretty dirty . I knew there was rain coming in the next few days so I didn’t bother to wash it.

The car was evenly lowered all the way around. The actual numbers are 31mm lower in front and 33mm lower in back (with a full tank of gas). Some things I learned while I was there:

There is about 10mm more fender clearance on the front than on the back by design from the factory. You may see that when you look at the pictures. The R&D project manager told me that he is considering lowering the front a little more which will even out the fender clearance for the production springs which should be available in about a month.

There are slight variations in dimensions on the front springs between the 2006 and 2007 model year.

Note that the rear alignment still has a slight negative camber because there was no more adjustment available. I am personally going to get a camber kit to fix that very soon. The front alignment adjusted back into spec.

Overall ride quality was unaffected. In addition, I actually found it was easier to get in and out of the car.

For those interested, the production part number is already on their website (although not available yet).

Also … they are definitely in need of a G35x for measurements. They have not determined if there is sufficient interest to lower the X version yet, so if there is, speak up. I gave the R&D manager the address to this link so he will no doubt be checking this out.

BEFORE:

During:

AFTER:

Last edited by terrycs; 02-13-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks sick ... How much did this run you (parts + install)?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:21 PM
yah the front needs to be lower a little bit...
it looks good..
wonder if i should do it... i've had coilover on my civic before and it's kinda rough... hope the springs will be fine.. but there are quite a lot of bumps here in NorCal.. stock shocks are fine with the aftermarket springs???

Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Very cool!!!

Old 02-06-2007, 05:33 PM
those of you with the springs installed, are you guys experiencing any squeaks or clunking noises? only reason why i ask is because when i had my rsx i had squeaks and clunking noises on turns.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by mfecko
Looks sick ... How much did this run you (parts + install)?
No charge

Old 02-06-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by FrIsCo G35
those of you with the springs installed, are you guys experiencing any squeaks or clunking noises? only reason why i ask is because when i had my rsx i had squeaks and clunking noises on turns.
Squeaks can be minimized by not putting the coil end all the way into the bushing pocket. Leave about 1/4" clearance.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:35 PM
call me crazy but id rather raise the rear a bit to match the front, not the other way around. i ahd a pretty low car for 3 yrs and not having to worry about scraping or busting up the front bumper cuz of the parking block is a real plus to me atm. id want top lower it but not that low. just enough to hav less wheel gap.

vick

Old 02-06-2007, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by RED_G35S
yah the front needs to be lower a little bit...
it looks good..
wonder if i should do it... i've had coilover on my civic before and it's kinda rough... hope the springs will be fine.. but there are quite a lot of bumps here in NorCal.. stock shocks are fine with the aftermarket springs???
I've never used coil overs on any of my past cars. I didn't think I needed the adjustability.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
That looks excellent Terry

Last edited by GEE35FX; 02-06-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by acidrane
call me crazy but id rather raise the rear a bit to match the front, not the other way around. i ahd a pretty low car for 3 yrs and not having to worry about scraping or busting up the front bumper cuz of the parking block is a real plus to me atm. id want top lower it but not that low. just enough to hav less wheel gap.

vick
I thought about that as well. I have "standard" parking blocks in my garage. I'll check out the clearance.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by bertmauricio
Very cool!!!
Thanks, I just happended to be at the right place at the right time.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
nice before and after.... are they working on something for the awd sedan? someone has to have an awd near by.

i wish i were in cali --

Old 02-06-2007, 06:03 PM
WOW. They should come standard like that....

Old 02-06-2007, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by da mayor
nice before and after.... are they working on something for the awd sedan? someone has to have an awd near by.

i wish i were in cali --
They need a G35X for measurements if anyone in So Cal is interested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at Eibach .