G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Marketplace Pictures, Rules & Improvements

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Marketplace Pictures, Rules & Improvements

The marketplace on G35driver is full of for sale threads incomplete with information. Having been on both My350Z and G35driver, i find that sales on my350z.com are much easier and smoother because they have certain rules that eliminate confusion and ambiguity regarding sales.

The following are required on all for sale threads on my350z (omitting such information results in a closing of the thread), but are seldom provided by private sellers on g35driver.com unless requested by interested buyers.

-All sellers are required to post at least 1 picture of each item listed in his/her classified ad to verify ownership of said item(s). In doing so, however, the picture must contain a slip of paper with the seller's My350Z.com username and date. While this does not prove without a doubt that the seller owns the said items, it will minimize/reduce the possibility of potential scams. Keep in mind that in these times, not having any access to some sort of digital camera is not an excuse. Any and all threads that do not adhere to this new rule will be deleted without prior notice or warning.

- Each thread must have a price, description and contact method for each item. No "taking offers" etc. unless your item is posted on eBay.
Such an absence of these rules is an impairment to the efficiency and expediency of the marketplace section on g35driver.com.

We often get new for sale threads with simply the name item for sale and NOTHING else...no location, pictures, or method of contact. This is a hassle for members because interested buyers must "request" the information when it should have been given in the first place. Imagine shopping on ebay and bidding for an item with no given location or pictures, you are about as good as a blind man.

Therefore, i ask the administration team to consider amending the rules of the marketplace to include a mandatory rule to provide pictures with username and item, location, and method of contact to increase the efficiency of this forum.

I'm sure many members are with me on this as well and i'm open to everyone's feedback. Thanks for reading

Old 10-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
^^^ i agree

Old 10-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
providing pics, price, etc... is fine. But I would never bother to take a specific pic with a piece of paper with my user name on it. Many items I have sold have pictures of the item while it was on my car (pretty obvious its mine in that case)...

Making it too much hassle for seller could result in less activity (not good for anyone).

BTW OP, you should have thought through the blind man analogy... I'm not blind and even I was slightly offended by the way you phrased it.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
With the ease of digital photos and hosting sites, it's probably a good idea to impliment this. It's a waste of time for someone to make a for sale with "local sale only" or similar only to find that they don't mention where they are.

Since this site doesn't have a seller feedback section dedicated to airing out transaction grievences and even when disputes are aired out, they get buried in OT in 1 day.

If it cuts down in the amount scams in any meaningful way, I'm for it.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 10-13-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I fifth this notion.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by O HELLA JDM
^^^ i agree
yaa feel me? haha thanks for the support

Originally Posted by OCG35
providing pics, price, etc... is fine. But I would never bother to take a specific pic with a piece of paper with my user name on it. Many items I have sold have pictures of the item while it was on my car (pretty obvious its mine in that case)...

Making it too much hassle for seller could result in less activity (not good for anyone).

BTW OP, you should have thought through the blind man analogy... I'm not blind and even I was slightly offended by the way you phrased it.
No pun intended there for the analogy
As for making things too much of a hassle, it works on my350z, with no signs of slower activity than g35driver.
In any case, if the seller feels like writing his/her username with the date on a piece of paper is too much of a hassle, then the thread will be closed and that's his/her loss.
I'm not exactly sure how the rules are when the part is still on your car, but you get the point. It's important to verify legitimacy and prevent scams.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
With the ease of digital photos and hosting sights, it's probably a good idea to impliment this. It's a waste of time for someone to make a for sale with "local sale only" or similar only to find that they don't mention where they are.

Since this site doesn't have a seller feedback section dedicated to airing out transaction grievences and even when disputes are aired out, they get buried in OT in 1 day.

If it cuts down in the amount scams in any meaningful way, I'm for it.
Yes, my point exactly. It shouldn't be THAT hard to snap a few pics unless the seller comes from the stone age.
As for reducing scams, i'm thinking the piece of paper with username and date will make scamming a bit more difficult, though not impossible

Originally Posted by WhosRich
I fifth this notion.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Agree

Old 10-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this makes sense... everyone should follow it.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
The mods dont enforce it.....hasnt it always been a rule to post location price and picture? Im not saying its their fault but these rules are in the sticky at the top of the classified section. Just need to delete threads from now on without proper info. The white paper thing is a hassle sometimes especially if the photos are of parts you already have taken.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
I think this is a good idea. However, as most ppl said, I don't think there is the need to do the username paper thing. Some ppl might have their parts stored in places where accessbility is an issue if they are not certain they will be able to sell.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here are my 2 cents.
price and description should be provided for all sales. pics should definitely be provided for sales that are for both local and available to out of state buyers, however if the sale is for locals only i don't think pics are necessary as locals will be able to check items out in person. contact info other than by private messaging should be up to the discretion of the seller whether he or she wants to provide an email or phone number or not and having to place your username by the item is a good idea especially for big ticket items. i have noticed that since they implemented that rule on the z forum i haven't seen one thread from a member being scammed. however, it is a pain to do.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
Totally and completely 100% w/out a doubt agree makes too much sense to not go forth

Old 10-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
It takes some work from the Mods to go through and delete them all, but I guess if someone reports the thread then it would be a lot easier. The first couple weeks will be a lot of threads getting deleted though.

Lets not use the photo with the piece of paper with name and date though, that's bunk as hell. But then again, don't want people posting photos of the product directly from the companies site, that's frustrating to. So there is a reason to the piece of paper, get the people to go take an actual picture of the product.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Lets not use the photo with the piece of paper with name and date though, that's bunk as hell. But then again, don't want people posting photos of the product directly from the companies site, that's frustrating to. So there is a reason to the piece of paper, get the people to go take an actual picture of the product.
All valid points, but one main reason for the paper with user name and date - is to verify that the item listed for sale, is in possession of the member listing the item up on the forum.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
I dont agree with having to write your name down on a piece of paper, thats kinda pointless imho. Maybe only apply that to the people with 10 posts and 0 iTrader.

Other than that,
Pics
willing to ship or not
full description on the item should be mandatory. I would recommend apointing someone strictly to monitor the for sale section.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Marketplace Pictures, Rules & Improvements