G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Marketplace Pictures, Rules & Improvements

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
When did I ever say MAP and MSRP are the same? My point was that they are different. They can post MSRP prices if you want, but there's really no point since that is not the price you will be paying (unless you really want to, I guess).

Old 12-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by PTownG
MAP and MSRP are 2 entirely different things.

There may be situations where MAP comes into effect but i think the majority of it is the old "price too low to show" marketing gimmick and all the pm requests are merely free bumps for the threads.

Anyway, you guys set the rules not me. Like I said I have my own rule. If I don't see a price I move on.
As I explained to you by PM;
Vendors here compete with one another.
It's a business for them, not like the general classifieds.
If one posts his 'best' price he is only shooting himself in the foot with his competition.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
I don't know, i feel like there is some validity to that comment. There have been more than a couple instances where i ask for a quote here, only to find out it's really no different from the price the vendor is selling their item for on their own website.

Just my 2c. Not really looking for a resolution to this or anything, just wanted to share my experience.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
I don't know, i feel like there is some validity to that comment. There have been more than a couple instances where i ask for a quote here, only to find out it's really no different from the price the vendor is selling their item for on their own website.

Just my 2c. Not really looking for a resolution to this or anything, just wanted to share my experience.
I understand your frustration... recently there was a vendor that listed "Group Buy"... then said PM him for pricing That isn't the way GB typical are set up... normally there is a GB price if a certain number of people commit... when you PM a vendor to get on the GB, how the hell do you know if its a GB price or the normal price? And how do you know how many other ppl committed?

Its not anything that I care so much about - and I don't expect there to be rules in place specific to the issue... but like you, I find it goofy sometimes. So I'm just posting my .02 also