VOLK GTM's- GUNMETAL $1,700 OBO!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^

1. You didn't see the packaging, or how the packaging was damaged (the damage on the packaging clearly indicates how the wheels were damaged). Why would I mention Injected Performance (a sponsor here) and Genesis Racing & Development if I was lying? What is your point in hijacking this thread if you have no interest in the wheels? Are you being a "good citizen" on this forum by giving your opinion on what you think happened to the wheels? Does it really matter anyway? The wheels are damaged, and the pics clearly show where the damage is. No one is trying to cheat anyone here. But for you to jump on this thread with absolutely no point and accuse me of not being "upfront" is utterly retarded. Since you obviously have plenty of time, feel free to call GRD if you want to know the history and story of these wheels. Or do you think this is a conspiracy with me and these two vendors? haha..

Old 10-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how did a postman get into this
they dont carry wheels and letters together

Old 10-13-2006, 04:41 PM
I think being honest about the situation "does really matter" , hes just looking out for the good of any potential buyer. Why are you so heated up about it if it isn't true? Doesn't matter if he or anyone else calls "Genesis racing" , what is that going to prove? I know Greg wouldn't ship out damaged wheels. I'm not saying you drove on them, but someone else certainly could have between the time you got them brand spanking new and the time they ended up like they did in the pics. That doesn't look like shipping damage in my opinion man, take it for its worth. Also, some of that damage doesn't look like it can be fixed with just a repolish, if they can be repaired at all....so whoever ends up buying them might be sh*t out of luck after the whole deal.

Originally Posted by synth19
^

1. You didn't see the packaging, or how the packaging was damaged (the damage on the packaging clearly indicates how the wheels were damaged). Why would I mention Injected Performance (a sponsor here) and Genesis Racing & Development if I was lying? What is your point in hijacking this thread if you have no interest in the wheels? Are you being a "good citizen" on this forum by giving your opinion on what you think happened to the wheels? Does it really matter anyway? The wheels are damaged, and the pics clearly show where the damage is. No one is trying to cheat anyone here. But for you to jump on this thread with absolutely no point and accuse me of not being "upfront" is utterly retarded. Since you obviously have plenty of time, feel free to call GRD if you want to know the history and story of these wheels. Or do you think this is a conspiracy with me and these two vendors? haha..

Old 10-13-2006, 06:03 PM
meh. I really dont have time to argue back and forth. The fact that you are kinda implying a theory that GRD took the wheels on a joyride while they were stored their is hilarious. If you know GRD, you would be laughing out loud more. And who's being heated? I'm simply stating the facts when someone is questioning my credibility. Anyways, I'm done responding. Bottomline, I'm waiting on the Fedex ruling. Also, the wheels are repairable. PM me if you are interested in the wheels and need some quotes on the repair. I have two local quotes from Chicago wheel repair shops which I can scan and email you.

And btw, I never said these would be fixed by simply re-polishing. Re-read my first post. The wheels will need to be re-finished, not polished kid. Again, I'm done responding to these kind of posts, PM if interested in the wheels or if you need my wheel refinishing quotes.

edit: Refinishing goes for $100-$130 locally here. If I sell these to a local person, I can get you the wheels refinished for wholesale at $80/wheel. I'll also get you new tires at COST in whatever size you want. But again, that is for locals only. I'm only adding the extra hookups so I can avoid shipping (but I will ship if no one local bites).

Last edited by synth19; 10-13-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:58 PM
I was the person in NJ who bought the wheels/tires off synth19. unfortunately they were damaged during shipping. I do NOT believe these were used. One can clearly tell when you look at a rim if they've been rode on. These were absolutely perfect except for the blemishes you see in the picture. The damage in the pictures actually are worse than they are in RL. the flash from the camera tends to emphasize the imperfections. some people might be okay with the imperfections, but I am not. anyway, I never for a minute thought that synth19 was a dishonest person. He did in fact refund me 100%

Old 10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
UPDATE. Good news (at least for me). Fedex is paying out my claim! The bad news is they want the wheels. I was hoping they would let me keep the wheels. Oh well. Someone can close this thread.